Lightweight camera setup

For those of you who like to go in real lightweight. What camera setup to you use? (Still shots)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best bet would be the Sony RX100 Mark III. Very compact, 1" sensor, fast lens (great for low light) and VERY eay to use. It has a Zeiss lens and can fit in a Jacket pocket

Give me a call to discuss
Joel
516-217-1000

OP
Robinhood21
The best bet would be the Sony RX100 Mark III. Very compact, 1" sensor, fast lens (great for low light) and VERY eay to use. It has a Zeiss lens and can fit in a Jacket pocket

Give me a call to discuss
Joel
516-217-1000

Thanks

Jimss

WKR
I've been sheep scouting lately and have been using a Canon sx60. It has a 65x lens and takes pretty good photos and HD video. It isn't small or super light but being able to take 65x pics for scouting is a definite plus! I take the photos and video home to size up animals. It's great reference for field judging sheep, elk, antelope, mtn goat, etc. I also use it at home for taking bird pics (which take a long lens). It isn't waterproof so I put it in a dry bag. I tried iPhone shots through my spotting scope. It's a pain in the rear trying to do this w/a spotter and the photos and video weren't near as good. I'm not sure if they still make it but am sure there is likely another model that has close to 65x. It also takes nice kill photos. I always have a backup so also use my iPhone.

Picked up a TG6. Going to put it to a test this weekend. Really wanted to go with the Sony RX series but needed something that could withstand some punishment I might give it. Plus I have kids so it nice to know that I can give them the camera and know they are not going to hurt it. With the RX series I just could not trust myself not to damage it. If the TG works and I find myself not as rough I might pick up a RX down the road

Let us know how you like the TG6. I've been looking at getting one along with the Tines Up adapter for better digiscope pics and video.

kravguy

WKR
Let us know how you like that TG6. Been debating btw those 2 cameras myself. And was leaning towards the TG6 for the very same reasons.

oddtiger

FNG
iphone if I have to go ultralight. But for most trips when I would like to get a shot of the Milky Way and/or landscape, I carry a sony A7s and a Voigtlander 15mm/4.5 lens. The first-gen a7s is the smallest/lightest full frame camera with a unique sensor for low-light photography.

BIGEYES

FNG
Not to hijack this thread; but I have similar camera weight issues, though not as restrictive. I just returned from a driving trip to WY/MT on which I packed: a Canon 7D, fast 70-200mm, 100-400mm, Swaro 15x56, and ATX 95 all in pelicans, and a heavy full size Manfrotto tripod. Looks like the next trip is going to be a flight which will restrict my optics "arsenal". Is there a camera that will not let me totally disappointed that I left the 7D and big lenses at home? I take pics of wildlife and would like to be able to enlarge prints for personal use not publication. Yes, I know that I'm asking for a lot. Just not familiar with what is currently available. I've already made a list of previous posters' recommendations. Should I look at anything else? Thanks for your input.

Take a look at the Sony RX10 Mark Iv. Awesome camera. Great zoom larger sensor then most point and shoots. Fast 2.4-F4 lens and zoom range in 35mm terms of 24-600mm. A terrific camera. Give me a call to discuss Rokslide pricing

LostArra

WKR
Take a look at the Sony RX10 Mark Iv. Awesome camera. Great zoom larger sensor then most point and shoots. Fast 2.4-F4 lens and zoom range in 35mm terms of 24-600mm. A terrific camera. Give me a call to discuss Rokslide pricing

Is the Sony HX80 still considered a decent point and shoot for a bit less $?

Yes, the HX80 is an excellent choice and the best in its class. Please call me with anty questions and the Rokslide price, you will be happy you did

For those of you who like to go in real lightweight. What camera setup to you use? (Still shots)

RX100 VI.

It’s got 24-200mm sharp as anything, and fits in any pocket. PDAF CAF that actually works. Super slow-mo if you need it.

Downside is not great for huge prints.