lightweight carbon fiber stock for Remington 700 LA

gexpro

WKR
guys, I've been searching high and low.. lots of choices out there.
what are my options for a good lightweight carbon fiber stock? prefer a higher cheek weld/comb.
looking to stay sub 2lbs.

Ive been eyeballing the Mesa Altitude or Manners EH1 Elite to drop my Christensen Ridgeline 300PRC into..

Vandy321

WKR
The EH1 is nice, but I've sold both of the manners stocks I've had, just never could get used to the fat grip.

I prefer chassis (non carbon) and just lug the weight.

Give the XLR carbon element a look (adjustable comb, but still super lightweight) should be sub 2 lbs...and no need to bed with a chassis.

OP
gexpro

gexpro

WKR
The EH1 is nice, but I've sold both of the manners stocks I've had, just never could get used to the fat grip.

I prefer chassis (non carbon) and just lug the weight.

Give the XLR carbon element a look (adjustable comb, but still super lightweight) should be sub 2 lbs...and no need to bed with a chassis.
Ill look into the XLR.
This rifle is going to be my dedicated back packing rifle for this season, thats the only reason why I am being so critical on the weight. I do however love the modular adjustability of the chassis setups.

Forest

WKR
one that has really caught my eye lately is the phoenix by grayboe, adjustable and right at 2lbs. It's right at the top of my list if i end up with a 700 build

OP
gexpro

gexpro

WKR
one that has really caught my eye lately is the phoenix by grayboe, adjustable and right at 2lbs. It's right at the top of my list if i end up with a 700 build
now that you mention it.. I did see this about a week ago.
a lot of features for a 2lb stock.. might just be the ticket.

dgarrett

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Mesa Precision Altitude .. Had a good comb rise for 50mm scope... I believe it was built for them by AG....

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the mcmillan carbon stocks over the manners. The grip on the manners seemed odd as I feel like I have to reach more on the manners, and I fixed it with a flat trigger but still notable.

Attachments

• BC173F36-9BB5-43D4-9954-BC37DFF0046B.jpeg
    BC173F36-9BB5-43D4-9954-BC37DFF0046B.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 35
  • D766AEA2-6C40-40E2-8591-A536C18CC150.jpeg
    D766AEA2-6C40-40E2-8591-A536C18CC150.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 35

Lawnboi

WKR
Easy choice for me if I were you.

EH1 with ultra lite cheek piece
Bdl mini chassis
Tripod connection close to bottom metal

It will be a wait.

My second choice would be an adjustable game warden.
I’d also like to try an axial precision

khuber84

WKR
I have or have had:
Manners eh1 and mcs-t elite fill
Ag visigoth, ag alpine hunter, ag Feratta
2x Mesa Precision altitude
2x mcmillan game hunter and a game scout.
2xJCS composites carbon tactical
Axial precision carbon hunter

Of all these, I'd take the eh1, ag alpine hunter, jcs tactical, and the Axial.

Mcmillans have low combs, and the Monte Carlo on the game hunter sucks. Feratta is a thumbhole, not my style, but has a high comb and quite comfortable. The visigoth and Mesa altitude have a heel drop and not conductive to comfort at range or prone shooting. The mcs-t is basically a sporter with a target forend, lowish comb, and non vertical grip.

Last edited:

Wapiti1

WKR
My next LR build will have the Axial Precision stock. I really like the grip design for offhand shooting when needed. Great looking stocks.

Jeremy

T_Nelomz

FNG
Check out Stocky's stocks at stockysstocks.com they sell several of their own along with a ton of the big name ones. I have their long range composite with the accublock on my Rem 700 7mm mag. They claim to be the first company to offer the full aluminum bedding block. I'm really happy with mine. Sorry no pictures handy.

madcalfe

WKR
well i have a ridgeline in .300wsm and im going with wildcat composites. There made in Alberta Canada. i had his ultralight carbon fiber one on my tikka and it weighed 20oz after paint and bedding and love it on my tikka