Lightweight diy custom build

SDHunter44

Lil-Rokslider
I decided to go the diy custom route for my 280 AI. Looking for recommendations on components to keep it light. Right now I'm looking at the defiance AntiX action. I'm open on the stock for recommendations, and adjustable cheek pad would be a plus but I realize I would gain weight there so if I cant find a light option like that I will forgo the adjustable. any recommendations on trigger, bottom metal stock and scope for a lightweight build. would take action recommendations too as I'm not set on the Antix yet.

I would also like to confirm that the Anti X will work with the Proof research defiance ruckus prefit barrels? I did some research the other day and it looks like they do but I want to confirm.

eoperator

WKR
Many smiths and barrel dealers will prefit barrels for a defiance anti, don't be afraid to look around for what you want.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I decided to go the diy custom route for my 280 AI. Looking for recommendations on components to keep it light. Right now I'm looking at the defiance AntiX action. I'm open on the stock for recommendations, and adjustable cheek pad would be a plus but I realize I would gain weight there so if I cant find a light option like that I will forgo the adjustable. any recommendations on trigger, bottom metal stock and scope for a lightweight build. would take action recommendations too as I'm not set on the Antix yet.

I would also like to confirm that the Anti X will work with the Proof research defiance ruckus prefit barrels? I did some research the other day and it looks like they do but I want to confirm.
Whenever you are looking at stocks or chassis make sure you get one that you will not have to bed (unless you want to do that also). If you have any questions about our chassis let me know and we will get you taken care of! Our 4th of July Sale is going on still!

Yes, ruckus prefits work with anti actions.

Anti / Anti X is a good place to start. Depending on the scope and your eye relief, the anti might be more flexible with mounting different scopes.

Please clarify what a "lightweight build" means to you. A 7# bare rifle custom would be lighter than almost all of my custom rifles and be considered "lightweight" to me but it's probably not what many would consider light.

Edit to add: Most truly lightweight stocks (I.E. lighter than the 27-32 ounce EH-1 style stocks, LRH, element chassis, HTR26, etc) leave a lot to be desired when it comes to shooting function IMO. The exception that I'm aware of is the paradigm stock, but they are big $ last i saw.

Last edited: