Lightweight hiking/trail running shoes or boots

Duckman23

FNG
Im sure someone has mentioned these but the Salomon forces line has light/medium and medium/heavy boots that are great for your application. They are all around super footwear.

Inov8 here as well. I went up a half size in the boot (roclite G345) and I'm happy with the fit. My roclite 215s I probably didn't need to go up a size but they're low tops and non gortex. Once this pair of G345s give out I'll try the G286s

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a pair of the new Crispi Attiva Mids. They are lightweight, gortex, and I really like them so far. I only have about ten miles in them - just got them in the last week. They are a little stiffer than a trail runner in the soles, and I hate the speed laces, but the boot is great so far. I have a wide foot, and Crispi's seem to fit me well.

I would also echo the votes for the Hoka's. They are great running shoes for any surface, just not good for packs and off trail work.

Duckman23

FNG
Im sure someone has mentioned these but the Salomon forces line has light/medium and medium/heavy boots that are great for your application. They are all around super footwear.
Also- they come in both standard and GTX models in each.

I chose the Scarpa Mescalito for a low top, non waterproof hunting and training shoe.

It's got very good support, full nubuck leather (for snakes and durability) and able to be resoled. IF your foot fits Scarpa it's been really solid for me.

Downside was that the tread on the sole is a touch shallow as it's an approach shoe, so sometimes on the loose dirt/marble steeper terrain traction wasn't great. After I resoled it with a more aggressive tread the traction is fantastic, though it is a bit heavier.

Cheers

s

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I have really liked the Adidas Terrex mid top's for the past several years but haven't done much mountain hunting in them.

Used la sportiva Bushido last year and they were great with the exception of some ankle slip in sage brush country. Switched to the mutant and really like them. The rubber is very soft which makes for a surprisingly quite shoe, even compared to other trail runners.

*zap*

WKR
FWIW:

For training/daily wear I think the more minimalist the better.....break in boots for actual use when not training and have both types with you, I use the merrell 'glove' series and have progressed to the vapor glove now, it is extreme minimalist.

Vapor Glove 2:

IMG_5600.JPGIMG_5599.JPG

Warmsy

WKR
Bought a pair of salewa mtn trainer midweight GTX about 6 weeks ago. Been doing one 2-hour hike with 90 # on my back once a week on a fairly steep trail behind my house. I don't have sore feet afterward. They breathe well. These will be my California archery season boots.

dtrkyman

WKR
FYI I destroyed a pair of x ultras in about 8 months, great comfortable boot but not meant for everyday hard use, I rarely carried any real weight with them and most was on trail. I would look into something else for heavy use!

Saloman did warranty them.

I just got some Crispi Attiva mid, but the fit is not good for me.