Lightweight hunting rifle build

OP
Ultralight Hunter
That is a sweet gun. Almost exactly what I was looking to do. I have shifted gears a little and am getting a sig sauer cross and then taking all the weight out of it I can. I used my behind the seat gun for my truck this year on my rifle hunt and it is a sig cross in 308 and I loved how compact it was being able to if I want put it in my backpack so it did not hook up on brush or anything. The biggest part I am struggling with is nobody builds a carbon hand guard for it to help lighten it up.

260madman

WKR
That is a sweet gun. Almost exactly what I was looking to do. I have shifted gears a little and am getting a sig sauer cross and then taking all the weight out of it I can. I used my behind the seat gun for my truck this year on my rifle hunt and it is a sig cross in 308 and I loved how compact it was being able to if I want put it in my backpack so it did not hook up on brush or anything. The biggest part I am struggling with is nobody builds a carbon hand guard for it to help lighten it up.
That’s a hard one for the handguard. Sig has a reputation of dropping firearms after a few years. I don’t think anyone is going to be anxious to make a lot of accessories for the Cross.

jhm2023

WKR
heres a full custom sub 5lbs build.
This is what I'm trying to sell my CT Edge to fund except with an 18" barrel and chambered in 7ss. By my math it would be sub 7lbs scoped and suppresed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SOIHUNT

Lil-Rokslider
Hntelk,
The stock is AG Alpine. The barrel is a pre-fit and I did the inlet myself on the stock, checked the head space, spiral cut the bolt and put a spring kit in to lighten up the trigger to 1-1/2 pound pull. Everything was done by myself except the pre-fit barre.

Sadler

WKR
heres a full custom sub 5lbs build.
If I lived in Canada, I’d buy that for sure. Awesome deal. I just talked talked to the owner of paradigm and he said he charges $5,500 for a build on an action you supply.

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
The first thing a guy needs to do is figure out what "super light" means for himself.

For many of us 'light is right' believers, 'superlight' isn't 7-8 lbs. It's 5lbs and change scoped.
The other thing is the ridiculous yardages here being tossed around.
Does anyone stalk to be within 200-300 yards anymore? Unbelievable.
depends on what your hunting and with what caliber and conditions.so the answer is yes,also very believable

what bullet and powder you using to get?
rl26 and Barnes 180 tsx. I'm hot-rodding it for sure, but they past the rain test. If it doesn't explode in pouring rain you are good to go. Ive actually taken it up to 3000fps where I started seeing pressure signs I didnt like.
Brass life its gone through about 4 firings, and has some more left in them. But a 7 saum barrel will be coming before that.