Lightweight pack vs meat hauler?

OP
Jhiggy300

Jhiggy300

FNG
What do you guys think about the Stone Glacier Solo that came up for sale today, only $200 for the basic pack? Probably a little on the small side, I'd like a 5 day minimalist pack at least.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Eberlestock Mainframe. It’s probably not the lightest, but it does a great job of carrying heavy loads. I use a dry bag to carry camp, and use pouches or different bags for day hunts.

JD619er

WKR
If you pay the shipping, I'll give you a Gen IV Army ruck and frame. You can start there and get used to carrying a heavy pack. IT will do more work then you can. Great pack if your torso is 19 inches or less

My hat's off to you sir. I've seen you with this kind of advice and generosity here before. This is what makes this community great.

My hearts in the right place. I offered a ILBE gen II pack to a guy. Told him I’d send it when I found a box. Fouled up and deleted my pms with his name and address before I found one. I’m still hoping he gets back a hold of me. My word is my bond. I’d like to make it right.

Op, my offer stands on the army ruck.

OP
Jhiggy300

Jhiggy300

FNG
If you pay the shipping, I'll give you a Gen IV Army ruck and frame. You can start there and get used to carrying a heavy pack. IT will do more work then you can. Great pack if your torso is 19 inches or less
I really appreciate that, but it should probably go to someone more in need. I bought an older Kelty off of Facebook to practice with. I put a 50lb bag of corn in it and have been hiking with it. It actually has been holding up and is pretty comfortable. I did break a compression strap buckle, but for what I'm doing it's working for now. I'm just going to keep my eye open and pick a better used pack when one I like comes along. Thanks again for the offer, James.

OP
Jhiggy300

Jhiggy300

FNG
I took your guys advice and spent the extra money and bought a used Mystery Ranch Marshall. I'm really bad at second guessing my decisions and now I think I bought too big of a pack for my needs. I live in Florida and a once a year, one week backpack hunts are going to be my most likely scenario. So I'm thinking I might sell or trade this and get the Metcalf or the even lighter Stone Glacier or Seek Outside pack. What would you guys do, keep the bigger pack "just in case" or go smaller and lighter?

I took your guys advice and spent the extra money and bought a used Mystery Ranch Marshall. I'm really bad at second guessing my decisions and now I think I bought too big of a pack for my needs. I live in Florida and a once a year, one week backpack hunts are going to be my most likely scenario. So I'm thinking I might sell or trade this and get the Metcalf or the even lighter Stone Glacier or Seek Outside pack. What would you guys do, keep the bigger pack "just in case" or go smaller and lighter?
Just find a used pintler bag and you can use the same frame.