Lightweight Packable Treestands

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I want to pack in a couple tree stands 4-5 miles along with my bivy camp, food, etc. My current portable stands are too heavy and this has kept me from trying this so far. I found a couple new wallows last year and the advantage of being up in a tree when the thermals are rising in the afternoon has me searching again. Any ideas for lightweight treestands?

LostArra

WKR
I'm not going 5 miles but I'm taking my Lone Wolf hand climber to a specific spot I've hunted elk the past two seasons. The LW is about as compact and light weight as a stand can get. It's not as comfy as some other stands I use for whitetails but for this purpose I think it is my best option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Squirrels

WKR
If you can find a Muddy Bloodsport, that would be a good option. I ran across a brand new one last year.

I have a millenium m150. It is huge, but only weighs 15 lbs or so. Might check out some of their others as Blackcow suggested. Make sure you get the strap hanger and not the chain one(extra pc) as it saves a bunch of weight. I have had several others under 10 lbs. One is a gorilla hang on that is in the 9 lb range, and it is solid.

Oh, the milleniums have a hanger system so you can leave the hanger in the tree and move the stand. Only have to have one stand that way.

LostArra

WKR
I have a millenium m150. It is huge, but only weighs 15 lbs or so. Might check out some of their others as Blackcow suggested. Make sure you get the strap hanger and not the chain one(extra pc) as it saves a bunch of weight. I have had several others under 10 lbs. One is a gorilla hang on that is in the 9 lb range, and it is solid.

Oh, the milleniums have a hanger system so you can leave the hanger in the tree and move the stand. Only have to have one stand that way.

The Millenium 150 is almost too comfortable! I can doze off in a heart beat!
+1 on the strap hanger. I've got chain and they can be a pain to hang.

Gorilla is out of the treestand business.

The Millenium 150 is almost too comfortable! I can doze off in a heart beat!
+1 on the strap hanger. I've got chain and they can be a pain to hang.

Gorilla is out of the treestand business.

I think Gorilla must have sold their designs to hawk. Some look really similar.

Since you are an Okie, maybe you can relate to this, but I bought the 150 last time we hunted McAlester. It was peak of the rut so I wanted a stand I could stay in all day (Always had packable, lightweight (read uncomfortable) stands). can attest I fell asleep in it more than once, and it is the only stand I have ever felt secure enough in to do that. Had deer under me numerous times when I woke up (no shooters though)

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks guys! Those look like some good options. The harness idea is interesting. I'm going to experiment with my rock climbing harness to see what it's like to shoot from a tree out of it.

Try to find a used Wind Walker by Loc On. 7#s. My buddy has one I borrow on occasion. Not as nice as my Lone Wolf but half the weight. They aren't made anymore to my knowledge.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Oh yes, Bill. Death from above! Looking forward to getting them in the backcountry!