Lightweight pants suggestions

Iv been trying to decide between the Kings XKG pants and kryptek Valhalla pants. I’m just looking for some input on either of them as far as durability comfort and overall performance. I’m open to suggestions for other pants around the same price range as well.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Big fan of Eddie Bauer guide pants. Can be had for $30-$40 most days on sale. Won’t be as durable as the big names but at 1/3 the cost they will last 1/3 as long easily.

If you want to spend three times as much, the FL guide lite pants are about as lite as they get.

I have the Valhalla pants and I like them. However, they only get used when it is warm/hot and hunting in terrain that does not lend itself to heavy snags. Another option is grab a pair of Wrangler Outdoor pants. Like the Eddie Bauer pants previously mentioned, they work well especially at their price point.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Valhalla pants and I like them. However, they only get used when it is warm/hot and hunting in terrain that does not lend itself to heavy snags. Another option is grab a pair of Wrangler Outdoor pants. Like the Eddie Bauer pants previously mentioned, they work well especially at their price point.

I run the Wranglers as well. I've been pretty impressed with them. I've only worn them about a year, but that year has been spent in the Sonoran. There are a few worn spots where I've hooked a cholla, but only 1 actual hole where I got snagged on some bobwire during a crossing. For $20, I'll just keep wearing these in the desert. Maybe if I move somewhere less thorny I'll look into a higher end pant

Chuck44

FNG
The KUIU Tiburons are about as light as they get and breathe like nothing else thanks to hip vents and a matrix of tiny holes in the material. They are lightweight, breathable and comfortable....but I have not really tested their durability. They happen to be on sale right now.

The Tiburons do excel in hot weather. So much so that I may pick up a couple of pair for work.

There are a few drawbacks based upon my experience using them in AZ during the summer and early fall. The material picks easily. Thorns of any kind go straight through the material. Biting insects such as mosquitoes have no issue getting through.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
A co-worker is totally sold on Wrangler. I don't own them but tried on both of OR ferrosi (I have the jacket) and voodoo.
Super light, no camo, slim cut but stretchy and has an ample crotch gusset.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
thereal_tlc
Thanks for the input guys! I picked up some wranglers and I think they are gonna work good!

The Kuiu Katana pants are pretty sweet. Not as light as the Tiburons but tougher. I have had bad luck with the Eddie Bauer guide pants and the stitching blowing out. Great material and quick drying but they literally come apart at the seams.

tiburons are hard to beat because of the hipzips. once you try something with hipzips its hard to go back. its all i use in hawaii besides shorts. skre unitas also have hipzips and have some good reviews. non camo eddie bauer guide, wrangler and prion zions are an excellent value.

CoryCa

FNG
Last year I found eddie bauer trek pants at Costco for $20 and have been pretty happy with them. I couldn't bring myself to spend $100 plus on a pair of pants. My pants always take the most abuse so I'd rather blow out a $20 pair than a high end pair

the wrangler pants from walmart are hands down the BEST budget option. especially the newer version thats a little bit thicker. ive work sitka, skre, and even crye precision. but man those wranglers are comfy. and comfy on the wallet too!

Elkhntr08

WKR
+1 on the Wrangler pants. Read the recommendation from Cnelk on another site and bought a couple pair.
Not your Wrangler jeans, but I love them. For $21 a pair, they’re hard to beat.

Honyock

WKR
take a look at the Blackovis Granite Peak pants. Used them elk hunting and when i got home ordered another pair