lightweight quality frying pan

mtnwrunner

I'd like to hear some of the listers experience with a lightweight good frying pan for spike camping. (carrying with you in your daily gear) I know kinda what is out there but I'd like to hear what others are using for a pan to fry meat such as grouse or whatever you may have killed and/or brought with you.

Thanks, Randy

TheRambler

I am using the MSR blacklite I think it is. works great for my needs . I typically fry fish, make pancakes, cornbread, sausage etc. Got mine on steap and cheap last year for like $5 so the price was right! think normally they are 20ish. If you want another decent option then buy a cheaper skillet at a regular store and cut or otherwise remove the handle.

Small square T-Fal nonstick skillet from wallyworld here. 6.5" sides. Under 5oz with the replacement handle I made from a coat hanger. $8 all day long.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We use an MSR flex skillet, 9" diameter for 7 oz. Usually only goes along on early season treks and scouting trips when we catch fish to cook. Fits Luke's little pan fryers fine, but I sometimes have to cut the lunkers I catch in half to make them fit :)

IMGP1100.jpg

IMGP1125.jpg

IMGP1131.jpg

Nothing like fresh fish tacos in the backcountry!

IMGP1336.jpg

MtnHunter

When I take a skilet I use the same flex skillet that's in Becca's pictures. The non-stick makes it really easy to clean so there's less time doing chores and more time having fun.

Darren Best

LOL Becca,

Nice pics and fish.

I use the 25 series Trangia non stick pan, its about 25 dollars, but only 8-1/2" diameter I think.