Lightweight raingear reviews

bbrown

WKR
I too have the Cabelas Space rain gear jacket - it is always in my pack. Its great for those unexpected showers here in Colorado. Don't have the pants but my Sitka Mountain pants do a pretty good job shedding water for a while. I keep a set of the Cabelas MTO50 in the truck or at base camp just in case - would really like to upgrade these to Sitka or Kuiu but since I have only used the set a couple times I just can not justify the cost.

twp1224

FNG
Anyone tried the Golite Pocho Tarp? It's onsale for $45 and claims to be large enough to cover your pack as well. It's light too at 7oz. Plus you can convert it into a shelt if needed.

OP
swat8888

swat8888

WKR
I'll be trying it this year, picked one up on sale. Still will not replace my rain jacket since it only has half sleeves, but I'll probably ditch my pack cover to save a few ounces since I'll have that thing.

McFly83

FNG
I prefer the cabela's space saver top, because its extremely lightweight and the cabelas rain suede for the bottoms. The rain suede is really quiet, durable and fairly lightweight. The sides unzip all the way up the leg for easy on and off. I pack both top and bottom and leave the bottoms at my bivy, unless I know its going to pour. No need to spend thousands of dollars and carry triple layer gortex unless you hunt the northwest.

I have used Marmot Precip in Ak and Wa with no problems at all. I wear them almost everyday since I sit while glassing and don't like to get my butt wet, and still have not worn any holes in the pants. I am on my second top which started to leak after 5-6 years.

littlebuf

Banned
I have used Marmot Precip in Ak and Wa with no problems at all. I wear them almost everyday since I sit while glassing and don't like to get my butt wet, and still have not worn any holes in the pants. I am on my second top which started to leak after 5-6 years.

i recently picked up this jacket.when i find a good deal ill pick up the pants (hate paying full price when the all over ebay) very light and works in western washington.thats more rain than most you boys will see in the western states.AK excluded of course

littlebuf

Banned
what jacket did you pick up

marmot precip. picked one up in 2XL and it actually fits me plus can layer underneath,tough for me to find jackets with long enough arms.i was shed hunting in a down pour a few weeks ago dragging through heavy brush/reprod.no issues with the jacket catching and kept me perfectly dry.good piece of gear,plus i picked it up new with tags off ebay for 40 bucks.msrp is 100