Lightweight rifle sling?

Mattys010

FNG
Great ideas here. Going to make one with 1” webbing, silicone and paracord. Thanks for the inspiration

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my diy lightweight version of a loop shooting sling. 2.5oz all up. All is needed is 1 ladder lock, swivels and 5ft of 1” webbing.

E6390C65-9E16-4903-B688-05DFCB3C5BC2.jpeg

Mulga

FNG
You could also ditch the sling swivels; using some Spectra/Dynema cord would save a small amount of weight. Potentially be quieter also!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have run the single strap before, and some other straps. I am not man enough to try a piece of paracord. I wanted something light, comfortable and more features for the way I use it. Here is what I am offering at 2.9 oz without the hardware. As they say, I will pay that weight penalty...

Sled

WKR
I have run the single strap before, and some other straps. I am not man enough to try a piece of paracord. I wanted something light, comfortable and more features for the way I use it. Here is what I am offering at 2.9 oz without the hardware. As they say, I will pay that weight penalty...

i have run paracord before due to forgetting the sling on the first day of the season. yea, it works but it's not ideal if you plan to have it on the shoulder much. i'll also take the extra weight for something comfortable that doesn't slip. those have been well covered above.

I like the side release buckle on the Skinner sling Hereinaz made for me. I like to be able to take the rifle off my shoulder fast. I can wear my rifle across my body and keep my hands free. The buckle comes apart and rifle is ready.

Trackselk

WKR
For those of you using a simple braided paracord sling, how many strands did you use? I'm not talking those elaborate 40+ feet of cord jobs, just maybe 3 strands braided? I've been using a homemade 1" webbing sling for years with the 6lb kimber MA, but going to try something even lighter with the new 6.5 that will be significantly lighter.
My 1" strap sling has been making my left hand go numb, so I'm guess the paracord will be worse, but worth a shot. I might even just do a shoulder section of 1.5" or 2" webbing and the rest paracord if it's a difference of ounces, not a few grams...
I need to weigh my current sling first.

Anyone try to add some silicone to paracord for a non slip should portion?

Trackselk

WKR
Great ideas here. Going to make one with 1” webbing, silicone and paracord. Thanks for the inspiration
That's what I'm talking about. If you made this already, do you have the weight? I'm going the no swivel/paracord through the eyelet route

Mattys010

FNG
I haven’t weighted it. The silicone I smeared on the webbing didn’t keep my rifle from slipping. I have to try again with the project.