Lightweight rifle sling?

Not featherweight, but the lightest, full featured sling I have found.

just coil up the lightest shotgun sling you can find (ones with a noose at each end)OR make one, and put it in your pocket or pack, 2 or 3 oz of unnoticed weight, carry your rifle like AK says and if/when you need a sling you have it for a minute or an hour, then put it away again - simple, cheap, lightweight

idig4au

WKR
i don't use a sling for mountain hunting as most of the time my rifle is on my pack.

If i do use a sling, then I use a claw. I see no reason using an uncomfortable sling if I choose to run one!

drmikeyj

FNG
Rubber sling from Slogan Outdoors has been my go-to last few seasons. Took some time getting use to it, but love it now.

Quake Industries Contour Claw sling is all you need. Quiet, lightweight, strong, and the sucker will stay on your shoulder whether you have a pack on or not. $25.00

as.ks.ak

WKR
I’m cheap. I hate the neck sling on my dslr. So I pulled it off the camera, threw sling swivels on it and called ‘er a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werty

WKR
I built an underarm sling for my pack, never weighed it but it's light. Stitched up some webbing.

grimace

FNG
I have a similar set up as Dinger...

I had forgotten to grab my sling for a hunt earlier this year. All I had was some 2mm cord ( IIR 1000lb test), it worked great! Better than any of the slings I have, I thought for sure it would dig into my shoulder but it was fine. In fact, other than being light and simple, the small cord hooks over my backpack shoulder strap and doesn't continually slip off my shoulder.

G

Mosby

WKR
Quake claw slimline. Not sure of the exact weight, but it’s pretty light. Comes with swivels and it stays on your shoulder. Had a hard time finding one that didn’t slide off my shoulder when wearing my pack.
This is what I put on my 45-70. Really like it.

OXN939

WKR
Made a bunch of these from 550. Light, comfy, useful in an emergency, cheap.

Screenshot_20191213-220641_Instagram.jpg