Lightweight rifle sling?

Any body have a picture of the homemade ones?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't claim to hunt sheep, but did make an ultra simple sling which works great as a shooting aid as well, when shooting off trekking poles, pack or holding rifle steady against a tree.

I kept one side adjustable and took it to a cleaner who does clothing alterations to sew one side's loop shut.

I also use the Kifaru Gun bearer and this is less obtrusive when it's riding on the pack than the Claw sling was with its wider strap pad.

Attachments

• IMG_8383.jpeg
    IMG_8383.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4001.jpeg
    IMG_4001.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 108

Sled

WKR
Quake claw slimline. Not sure of the exact weight, but it’s pretty light. Comes with swivels and it stays on your shoulder. Had a hard time finding one that didn’t slide off my shoulder when wearing my pack.

same here. i've used lighter slings but nothing keeps a rifle in place like the claw. when i hunt the rifle is always in hand. when packing game, traversing rock or needing my hands i like the gun on the shoulder. rarely will i put it on the pack unless i'm carrying a side arm.

Sled

WKR
Just got mine in this week, and these rifle slings are amazing. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight rifle sling made in the USA. I put it on my Barrett fieldcraft 18” threaded 308.

I've used many similar but not this product. I will say a little rubberized section goes a long way on the shoulder. It's great for balancing the load and not having to reposition the rifle. I do have a few rifles that sit perfect with a thin webbing strap but most scoped rifles, suppressed or heavy barrels require something like the claw to hold on the shoulder.

One thing I really like about the slings, It has a rubberized coating over the strands that weave in between.
I've used many similar but not this product. I will say a little rubberized section goes a long way on the shoulder. It's great for balancing the load and not having to reposition the rifle. I do have a few rifles that sit perfect with a thin webbing strap but most scoped rifles, suppressed or heavy barrels require something like the claw to hold on the shoulder.
As you can see the gray lines running through the sling are rubberized webbing that weaves in and out of the sling material so your sling won’t slide or slip.

Attachments

• 40D24DF0-5208-4DEB-A538-0020B6022497.jpeg
    40D24DF0-5208-4DEB-A538-0020B6022497.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 111

Sled

WKR
Just got mine in this week, and these rifle slings are amazing. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight rifle sling made in the USA. I put it on my Barrett fieldcraft 18” threaded 308.

Is this the one you have? I didn't see the rubberized coating in the one you linked.

Is this the one you have? I didn't see the rubberized coating in the one you linked.
I got the Packer Strap 1” sling, it didn’t show it had the rubber in the sling like the one you linked, but when I got it it has the rubber built into it. I purchased a couple for Christmas gifts also ...

Attachments

• B2233D86-2F04-4900-BAC8-28124E1CEF32.png
    B2233D86-2F04-4900-BAC8-28124E1CEF32.png
    686.3 KB · Views: 58

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
just received a Safari Packer, was going to make one of my own, but at the low price (it includes quality swivels), non-slip surface AND made in the USA- I figured I better at least try it

I like it, it weighs 2 oz including the swivels- pretty svelte

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I use the SG pack frame sling but these little 1” non-slip jobs look like a handy thing - sometimes I find myself wanting a basic sling even when I have my SG quick-detach deal, and these packer straps appear to fit that bill perfect fully. Thanks for posting it up!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ ditto-my rifle is typically in my arms or a SG rifle sling, but there are times I'd like to have a sling, for a 2 oz penalty this seems like a very viable option :)

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I got the Packer Strap 1” sling, it didn’t show it had the rubber in the sling like the one you linked, but when I got it it has the rubber built into it. I purchased a couple for Christmas gifts also ...

I ordered a packer sling recently but mine came with plain webbing. I wonder what the difference is? Strange.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it's rubber, but it's not a plain smooth nylon webbing, it's very textured to grip better

ChrisAU

WKR
I ordered a packer sling recently but mine came with plain webbing. I wonder what the difference is? Strange.

Same here. And it was 2.00 oz on the dot. I made one using webbing from Amazon that I now have a billion feet of, uncle mikes swivels (which are a touch lighter than Boonie Packer swivels btw), and a couple ladder locks that comes in at 1.9 oz.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you take a shot of each sling on it's side, you can see why the Packer would grip better, but it's definitely not rubber