WTB Lightweight Savage SA Stock - DO THEY EXIST?

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm in a hopeless search for a carbon Savage SA (110) stock with a vertical-style grip right around the 2lb mark. Something similar to a Manners EH1.

It seems none of the top tier carbon companies inlet for Savage. HS Precision makes them but are but they aren't lightweight (are closer to 3lbs.) I would be open to an HS Precision if its all I can get.

I would also be open to a carbon FLATTOP stock like a Manners EH1 and I'd inlet it and add pillars myself.

Let me know what you got or what you've seen out there.

Thanks

Savagenut

WKR
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Manners won’t do them any longer. There are a few eh1 out there but not many. McMillan won’t do the edge fill on the savages any longer due to warranty issues. Flat top is probably your best option if you have the skill. I know a few smiths that are doing alterra savage inlets but they start at 1200.

OP
LonePeak18

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ok, that's good to know. Thank you. I assume the lightweight fills are an issue because of the rear action screw being placed between the magwell and trigger. That's a pretty thin area to support all that stress. But not sure.

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m also looking for a lightweight savage stock. Good luck to you. I asked Greyboe and they said “Yeah, eventually.” Kriz made a run of Iota’s for the Savage Precipice rifle. They said they may offer them eventually.

Will83

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would call AG Composites and check with them. If not, and you’re open to a chassis, JA Outdoors had some I believe. Click on the mdt accessories under category. I believe the xl lss is the lighter one. Call him and he may have one coming in. Great guy to deal with.

Bigdave

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Savage 10 with pacnor #4 fluted 20” in a mdt lss using an ab arms butt stock.

The chassis and butt stock come out at about 2.5 lbs.

Whole rig without scope comes in at 7.5.

Justinb34

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m selling a XLR element 4.0 for a savage SA it has the TR-2 buttstock and ergo grip let me know if anyone is interested? Could definitely cut some weight with a different buttstock but as it’s sits minus the bipod it is a little over 3lbs. 855DE5CC-B95D-4135-8D9A-B5D0BBF54CB7.jpeg

PaulieNY

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I’m I. The same boat but I want one in long action

Someone has to solve this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Stock makers don't like dealing with the different action screw spacing that Savage has had - or so I've been told. It's really a shame because there are now a LOT of Savage rifles out there, both long and short action, that could really benefit from a high quality lightweight stock.

Until then, the factory tupperware stock (new design) is still a great option. It's very lightweight and to me at least, the ergonomics are excellent. Mine shoots great and carries great. The only stock I've had that I preferred to these new Savage stocks was the Bansner stock I had on my Howa. I called them to see if they would make one for a Savage, but the answer above is what I got. Nobody else I called would make one for Savage and I was prepared to pay $400-500 for one.

But I'm pretty happy with the new stock design. I think it's much better than the old one.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Same here. I’m really wanting to buy a new Ultralite, but whenever I pick one up the first thing a realize is just how light it is… BUT the second thing I realize is how cheap the factory stock feels…
I do have a Manners T6A inletted for a Savage that is fairly light(will have to re weigh it to see actually what it is), but it isn’t Inletted for a DBM. The Ultralite barreled action would look really good in it though so I’m tempted

Last edited:

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same here. I’m really wanting to buy a new Ultralite, but whenever I pick one up the first thing a realize is just how light it is… BUT the second thing I realize is how cheap the factory stock feels…
I do have a Manners T6A inserted for a Savage that is fairly light(will have to re weigh it to see actually what it is), but it isn’t I petted for a DBM. The Ultralite barreled action would look really good in it though so I’m tempted
If you ever want to sell that Manners, message me.

ElPollo

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
As far as I know, MPI is the only company that makes lightweight stocks inlet for Savage 10/110s.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked the weight of my Stockade "Woodchuck" model 10 Savage short-action stock at 35 oz.

That is for a blind magazine, stagger-feed action.

That weight doesn't include trigger guard or buttpad.

Savagenut

WKR
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I checked the weight of my Stockade "Woodchuck" model 10 Savage short-action stock at 35 oz.

Is Kevin still making stocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

I had a woodchuck on an old 280 AI build I had. It is not trim or lightweight at all. It’s a great stock, but not for this purpose.