WTB Lightweight Savage SA Stock - DO THEY EXIST?

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a woodchuck on an old 280 AI build I had. It is not trim or lightweight at all. It’s a great stock, but not for this purpose.
True enough, but i don't have the weight written down of my Stockade sporter stock on my mod. 11, so just wanted to give a real world data point for one of the styles made by Kevin.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I talked to him years back, and he was supposed to be working on skeletonized inner core to try to get lighter. I have no idea if he ever finished it.

Might be worth a call if someone is still looking.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go:

Also, Stocky’s is currently working on a release of Carbon fiber savage stocks similar to the Manners.

TheHammer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The issue I have is sight alignment/cheek height consistency in a sporter/hunting rifle. After learning how important that is for accuracy, why would I not be conscious about this when trying to harvest an animal? It’s another life, I should be taking it very serious and doing everything within my power to make it as quick and swift as possible. I know bell&carlson told me they are making a sporter LHR like they have for a couple other action types. I sent Kevin at stockade a message tonight asking about his internal cheek riser design on his Monte Carlo type stock. I’ve messaged several other companies and have seeemed to get similar responses that nobody builds for short action savages due to changes made in recent years and lack of uniformity. H&s precision has what I’m looking for, if it were a long action. Stockys has 2 carbon stocks, cheek risers are too low, I have a couple of the aftermarket tape on foam pads w/neoprene sleeves.They work at first but eventually move after A few rounds.

OP
LonePeak18

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd be interested to know more about the issues they've had with recent short action savages? Can you speak more to the changes/ lack of uniformity? I'm just curious to know what people are seeing.
The issue I have is sight alignment/cheek height consistency in a sporter/hunting rifle. After learning how important that is for accuracy, why would I not be conscious about this when trying to harvest an animal? It’s another life, I should be taking it very serious and doing everything within my power to make it as quick and swift as possible. I know bell&carlson told me they are making a sporter LHR like they have for a couple other action types. I sent Kevin at stockade a message tonight asking about his internal cheek riser design on his Monte Carlo type stock. I’ve messaged several other companies and have seeemed to get similar responses that nobody builds for short action savages due to changes made in recent years and lack of uniformity. H&s precision has what I’m looking for, if it were a long action. Stockys has 2 carbon stocks, cheek risers are too low, I have a couple of the aftermarket tape on foam pads w/neoprene sleeves.They work at first but eventually move after A few rounds.

TheHammer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd be interested to know more about the issues they've had with recent short action savages? Can you speak more to the changes/ lack of uniformity? I'm just curious to know what people are seeing.
I can’t say for sure, just an accumulation based on responses from company’s like ag, manners, H&s, exc, plus the rep at savage eluded to some of this on why they won’t sell you an accufit or accustock outright unless it’s a replacement for a given serial number. The company may have changed hands 4-5years ago and with it other changes came along. I love my savages and they are more accurate then I. They are all great rifles and I’ve sold all but 2 of my rifles due to how much I like them. Just not happy with one stock I have and a reoccurring issue has sent me on the hunt for a new stock to meet my needs. So if anyone knows of a carbon stock with a cheek riser, not some kydex bolt on. I’m all ears. I was referenced to an individual who does a great riser via Instagram, I have a hunch he is on here or people on here know him. stockdoc1968??

TheHammer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not a lightweight , but it's just like new ????

I’m going this route with my ultralight in 308… color options are the hold up currently. I think it’s a great product, xlr seems to have great customer service. They are pretty lightweight. The one I’m spec’d out is 32*oz. That carbon model is not in production anymore? What was the weight on that? I may have to consider getting another LA 110?

Last edited:

CRJR45

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going this route with my ultralight in 308… color options are the hood up currently. I think it’s a great product, xlr seems to have great customer service. They are pretty lightweight. The one I’m spec’d out is 42*oz
I bought that one for my Savage 110 Long Range Hunter .
Here a review on it -