Lightweight Saw

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
good question- I would think yes, but not 100% sure- I don't have the 170 any longer; Jan might have both- worth asking

I will say the blades on both are very light, obviously a little lighter on the 130, but I don't think a lot

bangarang

FNG
I thought I’ve seen options that are just a blade with two small handles that can roll up and pack small. Is that real, real crappy, or did I just imagine it?

Has anyone had any experience with one of these? If just cutting a few bits of wood and maybe a skull cap, would it be a decent fit? Uses standard recip saw blades.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Has anyone had any experience with one of these? If just cutting a few bits of wood and maybe a skull cap, would it be a decent fit? Uses standard recip saw blades.

I wouldn't want to use any reciprocating saw blades I have ever seen. The blade geometry is different.

Yeah the regular metal sawzall blades should work for bone but most of them have paint on them so i would avoid cutting anything near my meat i wanna eat personally. The wood cutting blades would be terrible to cut with by hand i imagine

wyodan

WKR
I didn't see it mentioned, I use a Fanno saw. I like that it has an actual saw handle. I also have animals to carry it for me.

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I see a lot of Silky recommendations and they're great, but I've enjoyed my Hooyman Megabite Compact.

I carry the 6" model everywhere I go and it comes in at roughly 4oz (.25lb). It's a little tank.