Dialing Scopes.

LaHunter

WKR
I think a lot of the alleged problems with the CDS system are tied to Leupold indexing dials based on load information from the side of an ammo box that is not tied to actual chrono data, or precise elevation info.
Its not just the CDS system, the issue is the internals of the scope either don't function properly from day 1, or they function properly for a certain period of time, then they fail. When you dial 5 MOA, the scope internals don't make the 5 MOA adjustment, could be more or could be less. Also, issues with returning to zero (RTZ). After you make your 5 MOA adjustment with your elevation dial, you dial back to your zero set point, but your actual POI is off, maybe as much as several MOA.

kinz584

FNG
I think a lot of the alleged problems with the CDS system are tied to Leupold indexing dials based on load information from the side of an ammo box that is not tied to actual chrono data, or precise elevation info.
Yep, completely agree

CMuehl

FNG
Incorrect load info wouldn't make me randomly start hitting all over a 12" plate at 200yds.

mcseal2

WKR
My issues were not from incorrect data. When the scopes returned from Leupold both had “replaced erector system” on the paperwork with them. I sent them data I’d compiled that was right. If people just use data from the box you are right though. Even in a barrel equal length to the test barrel I seldom get factory ammo to reach advertised velocity.

Bater

WKR
My trusted lightweight dialers are:
March 2.5-25x42
NXS 2.5-10x32
Razor LHT 3-15x42
Zeiss V4 4-16x44
SWFA 3-9 & 3-15

Pass on Leupy

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Bater - How do you like your March? Do you find the parallax to be tricky to dial in as some people say?

Bater

WKR
Tricky no, just more “necessary” anytime the mag is above ~x8 or so compared to most 3-15 and 4-16 scopes. Love the scope and I don’t believe there is a better lightweight option with the March’s long range capabilities.

ID_Matt

WKR
Zeiss V4.... 4-16 is around 20 ounces I believe. I have had a few and they all tracked true. Lots of good reviews as well.

TxJW

FNG
Leupold has had issues with tracking for 40 plus years. Back then, you put up with it cause they had the best optics and warranty. I can’t believe they have not fixed it with all the great products they are competing with now. I am looking for the same type of scope as MSGSFMDPX.

SDHNTR

WKR
Tricky no, just more “necessary” anytime the mag is above ~x8 or so compared to most 3-15 and 4-16 scopes. Love the scope and I don’t believe there is a better lightweight option with the March’s long range capabilities.
Does March offer any kind of simple reticles? I've looked on their site and just got lost there are so many options! I don't like busy or odd reticles. Their website is really hard to navigate if you aren't already familiar with their models.

Last edited:

Bater

WKR
Does March offer any kind of simple reticles? I've looked on their site and just got lost there are so many options! I don't like busy or odd reticles. Their website is really hard to navigate if you aren't already familiar with their models.
MTR-3 is what I run, about as simple as it gets