Lightweight scope that tracks reliably?

Fatcamp

WKR
I was wondering if the 40mm was too small for 14X....did that have anything to do with it?

Ya. Clarity at 14x was lacking. Even in the middle of the day I just didn't think it was doing me any good to have that much magnification. Others really like them, just didn't work for me.

The antelope I shot with my 6x on Saturday at 230 I got to watch through the whole shot. The one I shot with 14x at 260 I didn't. Even with a mild caliber it jumped out of sight.

Shameless plug that I have a 3-10 SHV for sale. I bought it when my SWFA crapped out and I had to send it back. Glad I did because that was over 2 months ago and I have not heard a thing on when they will replace it. I actually really like the SHV. Great MOA reticle. I decided I wanted a MIL scope though to match my SWFA when I get it back so I got an NXS. Also nice, and I found 10x is plenty out to my max distance. I like the looks of the LHT, even put it in may cart and have almost hit buy a few times. I just cannot bring myself to trust a Vortex. Maybe after they have been out a while longer to see how they hold up long term.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
As has been said, the only reliable options are NF NXS, SHF and SWFA, close second LRHS.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Nothing light that I'm aware of.

If you have money to burn, Schmidt and Bender Stratos 1.5-8x42
If you have a little less money to burn NF NXS 2.5-10x42
Little less, NF SHV 3-10x42
Even less, SWFA SS HD 3-9x42

That puts you in the range of 18 to 25 ounces.

I have the NXS 1-8x24. I like it, but it is a little unorthodox on a bolt gun.