Lightweight scope that tracks reliably?

IDMONK

FNG
Is there such a thing? I recently put a SWFA 10X42 on a sporter weight .270Win I love the scope, it is above all else RELIABLE. It tracks perfectly every time and I don’t worry about it. However it is a monster on this rifle. Is there a lighter weight scope that will reliably track?

When I went down this road I arrived at the conclusion that ~20oz is as light as it gets with either a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 or SWFA 3-9.

Bater

WKR
Or Razor LHT or Zeiss V4. Agreed, 19-20oz is about as light as you can go and still trust a turret twister

rootacres

WKR
So far my 3-15x42 Razor HD LHT has tracked fantastic and at 19oz its feature rich. The best hunting scope Vortex has made. Period. IMO

Last edited:
Razor LHT is worth looking into. The top turret dials really well. Haven’t full tracked to 1,000 but from what I’ve read it’s spot on and the reticle is great for holdovers.

OP
IDMONK

IDMONK

FNG
Some good suggestions, I can’t get behind another Vortex after some poor experiences with them in the past (I know they have a great warranty, but I would prefer to not have it fail to begin with). I will have to look into sightron, I confess all the lighter weight ones I’ve seen had capped turrets and the others I’ve seen are huge.

Could throw Trijicon offerings in the Ring

13.5OZ

do prefer the FFP and 30MM Tube tho, ...so back to NF or SWFA

Fatcamp

WKR
Bounced all over and am back to 6X SWFA and Sportsmatch rings. Cut the windage, cap it, and send the elevation turret off to be turned down. I'm just gonna live with it.

Fatcamp

WKR

Wrongside

WKR
I was wondering if the 40mm was too small for 14X....did that have anything to do with it?
I’ve had both the 3.5-10x40 and the 4.5-14x40. (both models are built on the same tube.) The 10x is a decently usable scope. I did not care for the 14x at all. Not as user friendly, with a fussier eyebox.

That said, I don’t own any of either anymore. None of them tracked worth a spit. They definitely don’t fit into the catergory the OP inquired about.