lightweight scope with ballistic reticle

Searching the vast web for a scope that fits a specific criteria. Lightweight, somewhat compact, durable, with a simple mil based hold over reticle. Im not really a fan of mil dots, but I do like a simple christmas tree type. Dont really want to dial so I don't really want exposed turrets either. Thinking a max power between 8x up to 12x. Budget under $500. So far Im leaning towards Leupold VX-R patrol 3-9x40 thats on sale. Only thing I don't like is the exposed turrets. Seems like there arent too many scopes in this niche, the swaro Z3s would be perfect but out of price range.

With the $500 budget I would recommend getting a Leupold but personally I would say wait it out until you can get a Z3. Love those little scopes. Advice would be to look though and handle both before you make a decision and if the price difference is worth it to you.

It’s not a mil based reticle but the Burris full field 2 or Burris e1 lone is tough to beat for the price and the are set and forget

TxxAgg

WKR
I just use the App. It's similar to the Swaro App I used on the Z3.
Let us know what you decide on.

WKR
I picked up a Z3 3-10x42 with their bdc reticle for 500 on ebay. If you are patient, you can find deals.

Just FYI for anyone still interested in a lightweight lower power scope... I bought a new Leupold 1.5-4 VX-Freedom AR. Their specs for the "tree" style reticle are MOA, but the clicks are Mils. Extremely annoying.