Lightweight & short tripods

Ktirao

FNG
Looking for alternative options for tripods, the vortex summit carbon is a great tripod but they run around 600 new (retail). Does anyone have experience with another option that has similar specs? 2ish Lbs and around 20” folded up.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’d take a look at what leofoto has. They are nice quality, reasonably priced. Nice stabilization. They have tons of different models.

Looking for alternative options for tripods, the vortex summit carbon is a great tripod but they run around 600 new (retail). Does anyone have experience with another option that has similar specs? 2ish Lbs and around 20” folded up.

I can't find the maximum height of the vortex tripod (since vortex doesn't put that in the specs for some reason?), but two very popular tripods on this site are the Sirui t-024sk and the Slik CF models (specifically the 634 is very popular). Topped with a panhead, you'll be a little heavier than the vortex setup, but way better IMO..

Doug at cameraland sells the sirui with a va-5 head on it for a very good price!

OP
K

Ktirao

FNG
Looking to use it for glassing, planning on getting a spotting scope for its primary use, that and binos

Superdoo

WKR
Just don’t get the Slik 635 based on GoHunt’s weight specs. The site says 1 lb 9 oz when it’s actually 2 lbs.

Spiblin

FNG
I've got the surui 5xc and got it on Amazon for about 160 cad. It's been great for me. You may want to upgrade to a pan head eventually but the price to weight ratio on it is great.

PRC

FNG
Looking for alternative options for tripods, the vortex summit carbon is a great tripod but they run around 600 new (retail). Does anyone have experience with another option that has similar specs? 2ish Lbs and around 20” folded

not sure how tall your wanting but on the shorter side I have the carbon fiber Oben CTT-1000L and is awesomely light at 1lb for around $130 on Amazon.

sram9102

WKR
The Surui to24 and a small rig fluid head gets you to 36 oz. If you don't need the height you could drop the longer center column and the smallest leg sections and have a light setup.