Lightweight solar power bank

KRB

FNG
Looking for recommendations for a lightweight solar power bank charger to take in the back country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might help.

11boo

WKR
I dunno man, I tried to like a goal zero 7 watt panel and it’s 4 AA battery bank. Just not enough juice for me. An anker batt pack fully charged(20k mah) really works well for several days. Mebbe they have gotten better, but 7 watts of solar is just not much. Any solar is going to have to be in direct sun at the right angle all day to get max output.

I dunno man, I tried to like a goal zero 7 watt panel and it’s 4 AA battery bank. Just not enough juice for me. An anker batt pack fully charged(20k mah) really works well for several days. Mebbe they have gotten better, but 7 watts of solar is just not much. Any solar is going to have to be in direct sun at the right angle all day to get max output.

Solar Power Bank, 25000mAh RAVPower Solar Phone Charger with 3 USB Ports, External Battery Pack with Micro USB & USB C Inputs, Outdoor Portable Charge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QL8QVKL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_TH32dS1mjghYK

11boo

WKR

Genki619

FNG
I think the solar part of the power bank is mainly for emergencies. My brother has one but it work take forever in direct sunlight if he wanted to use it for charging as well.

Backyard

WKR
Define lightweight. I know the Goal Zero Nomad 7 and switch 10 battery pack weighs in at 16oz. Aside from what people say, it works fine.