lightweight stock?

wysongdog

WKR
Putting together a hot rod 6.5 on a Borden LA. This is going to be my lightweight high country mule deer/sheep/wolf gun. My gunsmith has a manners eh1 in stock. I like the stock but I’m wondering if there’s a better/different stock I should be looking at. I apologize if this has been asked multiple times in the past. I have the Mesa Altitude, Manners eh4, at the top of my list, but I can't overlook the McMillian game warden, and AG stocks. And sitting at home recovering for lower back fusion on the computer and looking at all the options isn't helping my cause either lol.. Thanks for the help

I have an Manners EH1, a McMillan Game Warden, and an AG comp Alpine hunter...

If I had to pic 2 and only 1 I would probably take the Alpine Hunter. The EH1 would be damn near a tie and I have nothing bad at all to say about it.

I love the grip and forearm of the McMillan game warden, but the cheek weld is too low for my liking. I am running a 44mm scope and low rings and I still could use a little bump up. My AG and EH1 both have 50mm scopes and the Hawkins hybrids and they are fine.

Sykes

WKR
I have a Mesa altitude on my CA Ridgline and like it a bunch. It's a short action and I actually had it apart today and weighed it, right at 24oz. Total the rifle, a 6.5 PRC with a VX6HD 3-18x44 in Hawkins hybrids weighs 7.5 pounds. AG Composites makes the altitude stock for Mesa Precision and I've been hearing alot of good things from builders about AGs stuff. I'm considering another Mesa Altitude for my Bighorn TL3. Redhawk rifles has a pretty good selection of them currently. Sure is hard to find a Manners in stock.

OP
W

wysongdog

WKR
I have an Manners EH1, a McMillan Game Warden, and an AG comp Alpine hunter...

If I had to pic 2 and only 1 I would probably take the Alpine Hunter. The EH1 would be damn near a tie and I have nothing bad at all to say about it.

I love the grip and forearm of the McMillan game warden, but the cheek weld is too low for my liking. I am running a 44mm scope and low rings and I still could use a little bump up. My AG and EH1 both have 50mm scopes and the Hawkins hybrids and they are fine.

Thanks a ton. I think the Alpine hunter is a little lighter than the Eh1.

OP
W

wysongdog

WKR
I have a Mesa altitude on my CA Ridgline and like it a bunch. It's a short action and I actually had it apart today and weighed it, right at 24oz. Total the rifle, a 6.5 PRC with a VX6HD 3-18x44 in Hawkins hybrids weighs 7.5 pounds. AG Composites makes the altitude stock for Mesa Precision and I've been hearing alot of good things from builders about AGs stuff. I'm considering another Mesa Altitude for my Bighorn TL3. Redhawk rifles has a pretty good selection of them currently. Sure is hard to find a Manners in stock.

Thanks will look at redhawk, thanks for the lead

BAKPAKR

WKR
I hope I can tell you about the Mesa Precision Arms Altitude within the next couple of weeks. I have one on order from Redhawk Rifles.

We put a Mesa altitude on my buddies tikka and it is badass. I think I like it more than our McMillans or the Seekins stocks. I’m probably going to buy one for my next build which is a 6.5 PRC off a tikka action.

skierhs

WKR
The CLR magnesium chassis with a carbon fiber grip and but stock just came in and I am a big fan of it on my rifle. Having a very solid folding stock is a big plus for me as well.

Attachments

• 37689E2B-BF37-493E-A70A-F5649C788C11.jpeg
    37689E2B-BF37-493E-A70A-F5649C788C11.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 59

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone actually have one of the PSE Composites stocks on their Tikka? About to order an Altitude, but like the look of the grip on the PSE and the availability of an adjustable cheek.

I’ve got a few different ones. Mesa Precision, EH1, and my current fave is the Axial Precision Carbon Hunter.

Totoro

WKR
Lots of great options out there pending personal preferences and fit/grip ergonomics.

All my rifles wear Manners MCST with Elite shells and all weigh as advertised; 28-30oz.