Lightweight Tent advice

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Supertarp with annex and a stove is tough to beat for a solo hunter that can stay warm, have more room than many tents, strong in windy/harsh conditions and is lighter than any other system that has the ability to use a stove. Pretty bombproof and lightweight 4 season system imo

I bought a stratospire 1 this year and love it. I used it in Colorado for 15-20 days this year and it worked great in heavy rains and snow. The 2 vestibules are nice because you can put your gear and boots on one side and use the other side to get in and out.

Cheesehead

Lil-Rokslider
Good thread here: FWIW, I went through a similar thought process a while ago. I already have a SO Cimarron tipi with stove for late season and wanted a lightweight with floor good for early season deer/elk.

I think you’d be in great shape with the Tarptents. I ended up going with a Dan Durston X-mid from Massdrop and should have it in the next couple months. It was fun to read through his thought process of designing.

Here’s a link: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-dan-durston-x-mid-1p-tent/talk#discussions
And here is a shameless plug for free $10 if you were interested. I think they had an extra 300 made

https://www.massdrop.com/?referer=QWWHW8

ArborKat

FNG
I've been thinking about picking up the motrail as well for my wife and I. How is the single entrance? Just worried if two bags/odds and ends inside would make it difficult getting in and out. Right now I use the msr elixir and enjoy the two side entrance, just looking to drop weight.

Backyard

WKR
I've been thinking about picking up the motrail as well for my wife and I. How is the single entrance? Just worried if two bags/odds and ends inside would make it difficult getting in and out. Right now I use the msr elixir and enjoy the two side entrance, just looking to drop weight.
It's way different getting in from the front than a side entrance. There is a little hands and knee action but not bad at all. I'm used to it as I also have a BA Flycreek UL.

A bit different from what your considering but I have had a great experience with the MSR Hubba Hubba. It has held up to the elements and packs away nice. If I ever upgrade I would probably go with a Hilleberg I like the double wall design.

I went with a 2 person tent so that I would have room for my gear of course a tent with a vestibule would serve the same purpose.

Good luck!

when should you have a floor and when could you get away with a floorless shelter?

I use my floored tent when there’s a chance for bugs and creepy crawlies. (Warmer temps and Everywhere in OK and places I kayak camp)

I use my floor less shelters and tarps when it’s cold outside and the creepy crawlies are “non-existent”. (Winter weather and archery elk hunting in CO)