Lightweight Touchscreen Gloves that work

TheCougar

WKR
I keep on losing my damn gloves when I hunt, one at a time and always the right hand... I’m looking for a lightweight wool glove with touchscreen capability that actually works. I’ve used the Kuiu 210 Ultra Merino gloves - perfect but no workee with touchscreens and the Peloton 130 which were touchscreen compatible but were too light. I’ve tried capacitive thread and not been super impressed, plus I’m lazy and don’t want to sew the tips of the fingers. The reviews on the FL Aerowool 200 are less than stellar (supposed to work with touchscreen but they suck at it). Any other ideas??? And before I get the inevitable comment - yes I use my phone a lot for maps, taking pictures, sending texts, naked bowhunting selfies, etc - so feel free to not opine on my need for phone compatible gloves. My phone is a tool for hunting, like my binoculars or rangefinder and I should be able to use it without taking gloves off. Any manufacturer that makes a glove that isn’t touchscreen compatible needs to punch themselves in the tenders. It’s 2019 for crying out loud.

Last edited:

doc88

FNG
Sitka Traverse gloves. Never had to take them off while using my phone last week in Colorado.

matthewmt

WKR
Cabela's liner gloves work fine and they're 10$

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Kostrize

WKR
Started using the First Lite Talus gloves
base off recommendations on here and they’re the best I’ve used yet. Worked much better than Kuiu or SKD PIG gloves for me. As an added bonus for someone that loses one hand consistently, they’re ambi. So if you lose one you could swap it with another from a spare set. Fairly cheap too

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I think all these gloves are a bit thicker than what I am looking for, which is right around a 200-250 weight wool glove. Almost like a liner glove, really. But I appreciate all the suggestions, so keep them coming!

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Just found these- they might be worth a shot:

mlgc20

WKR
I switched from the Kuiu Ultra Merinos to the Kuiu 220 Strong Fleece for exactly that reason. Works great.

Been using the Fl Talus this season and they work pretty good the thumb is hit or miss. Not sure the gloves will hold up much past this wither though. Waiting on a pair of Kuiu Axis gloves that are supposed to work, we'll see...

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not a fan of using touchscreen with gloves cause I often hit the wrong button Due to the extra thickness. But, if I need the capability I found the HEAD light synthetic gloves for running work great. Highly windresistant, warm, water resistant and don’t absorb water when they do get wet. Screen easily responds to my finger tip commands. Not very expensive and keep my hands warm enough.

I have Cabela’s liner gloves and while the finger tips worked well at first, they are virtually non-workable now, not sure if it’s oils from my skin or just a couple years use and abuse that did them in. I still wear the gloves but find taking them off is much easier to
Use phone.

Kuiu axis gloves look really intriguing. They advert windproof, highly water resistant, and fingertips that work with phones. Might need to give them a try.