Lilja Barrel

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
I'm ready to start purchasing the parts for my build and I'm having the damnedest time finding a barrel manufacturer with a short lead time. Bartlein is 10-12 months out Hart is 2-4 months. I looked at Lilja and they have a shorter lead time but don't know if this is necessarily a good thing. Does anyone have any opinions on Lilja or where I can look for barrels that I can order that doesn't have a ridiculous lead time. I'm going with a 22'' 6.5CM with a 1.8 twist.

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same issue 2 years ago and got a Lilja to build a 7mm Rem Mag in my Tikka, it worked well for me. I ended up with their 3 groove rifling because they had one in stock and with the Tikka factory profile. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it shoots 1/2-3/4 moa in a light rifle and that's about as good as I can shoot with anything.

I have a #3 contour Lilja on my .243, its one of the most accurate rifles I've ever owned. The smith that built that rifle used Lilja on a lot of his builds and all where super accurate.

Wrench

WKR
I ordered a couple a few weeks ago and was quoted 12 weeks.

If you have a 8 twist 2 or 3 wt 224 tube or a 257 tube, I have the tube you want.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I'm ready to start purchasing the parts for my build and I'm having the damnedest time finding a barrel manufacturer with a short lead time. Bartlein is 10-12 months out Hart is 2-4 months. I looked at Lilja and they have a shorter lead time but don't know if this is necessarily a good thing. Does anyone have any opinions on Lilja or where I can look for barrels that I can order that doesn't have a ridiculous lead time. I'm going with a 22'' 6.5CM with a 1.8 twist.
What contour are you looking for?

Most aftermarket barrels are a quality product. Sure they all can produce a bad barrel every now and then but you should be fine with most.
Way More important IMO is the gunsmith that chambers it and his setup.

rayporter

WKR
i disagree with your smith but i also think you should listen to him. after all he is doing the work.

and i do have a lilja that shoots well.

how far are you from north texas? the shilen swap meet is coming up.

Lawnboi

WKR
I spoke with my Smith and he does not recommend Lilja I saw bugholes and redhawks had some in stock just need to be cut down

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Most barrel blanks, all steel Atleast are going to be a standard length, and will be cut down when fit.

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
i disagree with your smith but i also think you should listen to him. after all he is doing the work.

and i do have a lilja that shoots well.

how far are you from north texas? the shilen swap meet is coming up.
I live in md

sndmn11

WKR
I spoke with my Smith and he does not recommend Lilja I saw bugholes and redhawks had some in stock just need to be cut down

I was saying preferred barrel blanks would be a shorter wait than what you mentioned at the beginning.

gbflyer

WKR
Bugholes stocks barrels. Usually truck axles but that might be what you want. If you want fast, Ragged Hole stocks a lot of Wilson barrels. I’ve done 3 of them and they all shoot. Hart is top notch if Karen there tells you 12 weeks it’s 12 weeks. I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like Lilja but OK, like the other guy said he’s doing it.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Had a Lilja 300 RUM, shot great, I have no complaints. I’d consider using them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk