Lilja Barrels

Thinking of putting one on a m70 '06, its what my smith likes. How does everyone feel about these barrels?

B23

WKR
Though I haven't used a Lilja barrel on a build in a few years I still have many and they've always shot well.

Generally, smiths have a couple two or three brands they like best but will admit it's just their personal choice and that there are many barrels out there that are equally as good. I'm not suggesting your smith is doing this but I'd maybe be a little leery of any smith that pushed one particular brand of barrel over any of the other Premier barrel makers.

I would consider Lilja a premium top shelf barrel but no better than Hart, Bartlein, Krieger, Brux, Broughton, and Benchmark just to name a few. Pick a barrel from any of those and they'll serve you well. Do you prefer a button rifled barrel or single point cut rifling barrel?

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good luck, I went with their 3 groves, but I'm not convinced one way or the other on that. If I did it again I'd probably stick to 4 grove or 5R on my 7mm's.