Limb Bolt - Max Setting? VXR Setup Question

mtholton

FNG
Went into the shop today to order a Matthew VXR 31.5. Intended to get a 65 lbs setup. They only had 70 lb available and said with modern bows you can lower the poundage without sacrificing performance by loosing the limb bolt? For those that are bow experts, do you agree? Or should I have them put on the 65lb module when I pick it up? If their logic is true, why wouldn't everyone just get 70lbs and lower it as needed to increase the poundage range for their usage or future usage of others? What am I missing? Does it matter more if I lower it down to 60? So a 10lbs difference between max?

My goal in upgrading is to get the max accuracy/performance and if there is a benefit of getting a 65 module I'll have them swap it out when I pick it up. If no advantage, I'll leave the 70 so that I can crank it down over time if desired or needed....

OR Archer

WKR
With the VXR to get a 5# reduction you will only need to take 1-1.5 turns out. The brace height will not change enough with that amount of turns to decrease performance from the bow. Will you see any advantages in performance with the different mods? Probably not. If you did it’d be very minimal at best.

dkime

WKR
With the VXR to get a 5# reduction you will only need to take 1-1.5 turns out. The brace height will not change enough with that amount of turns to decrease performance from the bow. Will you see any advantages in performance with the different mods? Probably not. If you did it’d be very minimal at best.

Listen to this man those limb bolts cost extra money, you might as well use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I turn my limb bolts in or out to meet certain objectives. Set the bow where you want it and tune for that. In some cases your tuning may involve turning them in or out as well. The bow is just a tool......set it up for the best performance that you want out of it.

brushape

WKR
I have a 70 pound vxr set at 27.5” draw with a 480 grain arrow I see about 4-6” difference in arrow drop at 50 yards per each 1/2 turn of the limb bolts. It’s basically the exact same difference as taking 25 grains off of my arrow weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk