Limb driven rest set up

Yukondog

WKR
For those in the know..... top limb or bottom limb? Does it matter? If so why? I do not understand why one is better over the other.

If it matters I'm shooting Elite Answer with Versa rest attached to top limb. Whole rig is new and was told set up in top limb configuration because that is what most people do. This is my first limb driven rest.

Thanks,

Matt

jmez

WKR
IMO it doesn't really matter. The rest works the same either way. The cons I have heard for top limb connection is that the cable can interfere with a one piece quiver and some complain that it gets in the sight picture. I have had neither problem attaching to the top limb. Some will also say that it has less chance of getting caught or snagged on the bottom limb, that one makes no sense at all to me?

Really personal preference and won't affect function either way.

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
Perfect. Got out this morning and shot a bunch. Seemed. To go fine. No issue with top limb and quiver or sight picture.

J-Daddy

WKR
I run the Versa Rest to my bottom limb for 2 reasons...
1- the cord doesn't contact my TightSpot when I run it to the bottom limb
2- in windy conditions I've had the wind blow the cord into my sight picture and block my pins at full draw with it hooked to the top limb, no chance of that when on the bottom limb.