Limbdriver Pro V Problems??

TXCO

WKR
This past weekend a crack developed in the v-notch of my pro v. Its about halfway through altering the angle (larger) of the arrow support arm. I bought the rest in May. Has anyone else experienced this or can think of a reason for it? To me it seemed to happen from repeated force of the stop bar maybe?? I wonder if lengthening the cord might prevent it in the future? For Vaportrail's sake, I spoke with them on the phone and they are working with me to fix it. It makes me nervous though if I was traveling to hunt instead of at the range...

Yep I had similar problems. Had a couple limb drivers break. Got tired of it so I got a hamskea versa rest and have been happy ever since. I have a screw shear off on a limbdriver a few weeks before a season opened. Not happy. Happy now with the versa and shooting very accurately with it.

I have owned several (at least 6-8) limbdrivers. I currently have the LD pro on my target bow, field bow, 3D bow, and wife's hunting and target bows. I personally shoot the pro V limbdriver on my hunting bow. I have set up nearly, if not more than, 100 of these rests for customers when I worked at an archery shop. I am NOT saying that you did not have a problem with your pro V, but I will say that I have not seen a rest out there (besides maybe trophy takers) that is more solid and dependable than a limbdriver.

I have never ever heard of any sort of problem with breaking screws or anything with a limbdriver. The pro v seems that the arm is cast aluminum, which may have had a flaw in it and caused a problem, I assure that they will take care of it.

I guess I am a bit of a fan boy, but I am not sponsored or anything at all, just truly believe in a great product that I have a lot of experience with.

Joe

Yep I had similar problems. Had a couple limb drivers break. Got tired of it so I got a hamskea versa rest and have been happy ever since. I have a screw shear off on a limbdriver a few weeks before a season opened. Not happy. Happy now with the versa and shooting very accurately with it.

I would like to see if these were set up correctly, what broke on the first two and what screw sheared off on the third?

joe

I have also set-up MANY of the Limbdriver and Pro-V rests while working at the Shop, and this is an issue that we have seen, though not with great regularity. Limbdriver has been good about repairing any rest that has not been abused. For me personally, I'm also on the Hamskea Versa Rest band wagon. NOT a tougher rest on the market!

I also was a fanboy. I have shot limbdrivers for years. Since they first came out. It wasn't until I had a few issues that I changed to the hamskea. Got tired of the potential for a disaster on a hunt. These were set up properly. Trust me. Thinking about it, it wasn't a screw but the little metal stop that stops the arm rotating into position. If that makes sense. It sheared off and the arm wouldnt stay in the right place without it. Does that make sense? I was practicing, drew the bow. Once at full draw i heard a snap, and the a clink sounds on the ground. fired the arrow and the shot was way off target. sure i could get it fixed by vaportrail, but i thought about if that had happened during a hunt at a critical time. so i switched to the bombproof hamskea versarest. Limbdriven rest but built rock solid.

MIKEYB

WKR
Bringing this back up. Just broke the arm on my limbdriver at the range today. I have been having a problem shooting left and slightly low. I had chalked it up to user error and form.

Well today it was getting progressively worse. I was getting frustrated! I kept telling myself something isn't right! Then wack! The arm smacks me in the hand and at 20 yards I'm about 8 inches left.

I look at my rest and sure enough it's cracked and bent. I wonder how long it's been like this and effecting my shots.

Tomorrow I'll call vaportrail about this. This is close to the season. Worse comes to worse I'll be buying a new rest.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406264345.340274.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406264400.931591.jpg

I have had this rest about a year.

rodney482

WKR
Love my pro V.. No issues to date.

I do keep an eye on the launcher.

I dont shoot any arrows while hunting unless Im killing a critter.
Slim chance of failure while on a hunt.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've used the regular Limbdriver in the past but had trouble with keeping the launcher off the shelf of the bow, without setting it up too high. So 3 years ago I tried the Pro V. Was very happy at how easy it was to set up. I perfectly set the spring tension for my heavy 500gr arrows and took it out shooting, and had it tuned very quickly out to 80 yards. Was happy with the consistent accuracy and no bounce back or issues with the shelf.

Then after 100+ shots I noticed that I was hitting lower and lower. Thought it was me until I noticed the downward angle of the arrow at full draw. I figured the spring tension set screw had come loose. When I went to loosen it, it was hard to turn and finally "popped" loose. So set the tension again and re-tightened the set screw, making sure it was tight. Again within 100 shots it came loose again while the screw stayed tight. Fixed it again and went to a 3D shoot. At target 11, I shot and BAM........the whole rest blew apart. The entire spring tension component blew right off the bow, also leaving the arm dangling from the cord. I couldn't even find all the pieces.

I sent it back and called Ears, and he said he'd never even heard of such a thing as the spring tension loosening like that. Well, he rebuilt it and sent it back to me. I put it back on and set it up again, and within 100 shots the spring tension had loosened somehow again, while the set screw was still tight.:confused: Sorry.......won't deal with that again. I'm thinking it either didn't like my heavier arrows or the snap back of the limbs from my 32 1/2" draw.

MIKEYB

WKR
To update I got my rest back last week. After sending it in. It's working great so far. I'm still fine tuning but groups have improved some.

From what I gather they had some issues with getting some bad arms and cages.

Time will prove durability.

Happy with the company's CS.

No offense 5mile... but it sounds like you are setting it up wrong to me. Arrow weight doesn't mean anything I've used limbdrivers on aluminum 2712 shafts with 300 grain points with no issue. Dl shouldn't matter at all... I've used them at 30+. Since they are activated by limb travel it is dependent on the bow design and limb geometry. Honestly it sounds like you are putting way to much tension on the system at rest. The string needs only to have no slack in in and keep it against the stops...it shouldn't be as tight as your cable.

Not saying they don't have problems, just don't ever think user error should be blamed on the product.

Joe

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
No offense 5mile... but it sounds like you are setting it up wrong to me. Arrow weight doesn't mean anything I've used limbdrivers on aluminum 2712 shafts with 300 grain points with no issue. Dl shouldn't matter at all... I've used them at 30+. Since they are activated by limb travel it is dependent on the bow design and limb geometry. Honestly it sounds like you are putting way to much tension on the system at rest. The string needs only to have no slack in in and keep it against the stops...it shouldn't be as tight as your cable.

Not saying they don't have problems, just don't ever think user error should be blamed on the product.

Joe

After the first time it was slack enough that the arm actually didn't stay all the way down at rest, so plenty of slack and it still lost spring tension. I seriously doubt that this simple of rest could ever have user error......it's very simple to set up and use. I just don't think that a product problem should be blamed on user error. It either keeps spring tension or it doesn't. No user error is possible.

littlebuf

Banned
Onlyproblem I've had with mine is getting that little rubber stop to stay in place. Any body have a better option for a cushion on this rest? Oh and mine is on a 80# elite 31" draw with a 526gr arrow. So far so good

Has anyone heard of Vapor cleaned up these issues. I got a QAD HDX going bad and I am freaking out. it is a 2012 model and probably just wore out. The GIF just hit me. I want to try the Pro V. Is this a bad idea if it is not reliable? I will be packing in 4 weeks ;)

MIKEYB

WKR
I posted about having my rest repaired.

I am still running that rest with no issues so far. I was also happy with the CS.

I believe it was just a bad batch of arms and enclosures.

Haven't seen any complaints. . I have not been looking for them either.

I have only seen one launcher arm break on the pro v but i have seen around 10 of the containment cages crack where the mounting screws go through. The pro v is a great shooting and tuning rest but I would like to see the durability improved.