LIST: Insulated Pants with Full Zips (Fill: Synthetic and Down / Brands: Hunting and non-hunting)

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the m65 pant liner or the British military softie trousers? My buddy has the Gen 3 level 7 primoloft puffy pants and although very warm, they aren't that packable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I've ordered Nunatak pants in a much heavier denier with knee/ seat secondary layers.

I did the same thing with a Nunatak custom order with double knees and seat and they are incredibly warm. Similar weight to a lot of the competitors but much more down fill and baffles rather than sewn through construction. Jan was great to work with me on custom materials, etc. I'm a big fan of his work.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
Montbell makes some, don’t they?
I believe they do.

I'll dig up that info.

I personally have the rab photon and I'm happy with them so this process is to figure out if I really need down. Will provide the comparison for folks to see.

Don't have time yet b/c of work life but I'm hoping maybe tonight or tomorrow night I can work on this.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I wonder how that stratus insulation in the photon compared to the primaloft gold in the tradecraft.

The photon doesn't look like it would be as warm as a down pant, but maybe it is?

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
I wonder how that stratus insulation in the photon compared to the primaloft gold in the tradecraft.

The photon doesn't look like it would be as warm as a down pant, but maybe it is?
I sat in snow on a closed cell foam pant with goretex rain gear over top of the phon bottoms and a black yak primaloft top and I felt great for the hour plus we spent sitting there. Had a merino neck gaiter on and some mountain hardware mitts and I was feeling real good.

Started to feel my toes. Everything is was perfect.

After I go through this process I'll likely just stick with what I have but the kuiu super down ultras are tempting me which then got me looking at different options.

If the mountain hardware ghost whisperer pants had full zips I'd likely have bought them.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
Can add Skre ptarmigan pants to the list. Using a pair this year. 850 fill, reinforced seat and knee, full zip on/off worked well so far. Comparable fill to the super down pro for less money on the sale I found so I grabbed em. My legs usually aren't the problem on a glassing point etc, but when you find out what being truly warm is like it's easy to stuff em in the pack next time. Lot easier than putting my kuiu kenai 3/4 pants on under my attacks or guides. Not having to drop trow is good.

Anyone know what the deal is with the tradecraft USA pant that is on sale o ORs website for $112? They have a medium but there's no way to add it to the shopping cart

Ten Bears

WKR
If anyone happened to score an extra pair of the Tradecrafts in Medium I will buy them from you or could work out a trade ?

I have a box of 308 Nosler Trophy Grade 165 Partitions plus a little cash for trade if anyone is interested. Gotta fend off these other guys!

lmeyer

WKR
Anyone know what the deal is with the tradecraft USA pant that is on sale o ORs website for $112? They have a medium but there's no way to add it to the shopping cart
I had the same problem with the base layers and the obsidian. Neve could figure it out

I’m wearing Kuiu super down ultra pants and have been extremely pleased with them. I would definitely put them in the minimalist category as they are pretty thin and seem like they wouldn’t be warm but they sure are. I’ve worn them static in the 20*s with merino baselayer and uninsulated soft shell pant and been warm.

The biggest sell is how packable these are. I’ve worn other synthetic puffy pants and they are warm and durable but you need extra space in your pack. They super down ultras could literally fit in your thigh cargo pocket.

I wear 34” in pants and ordered L and M and ended up keeping the M. M can fit under a shell pant or over with no binding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crich

WKR
Think they're just out of stock. I tried to add them the other day and it didn't work but adding xxl worked just fine.

TN VOL

FNG
Goosefeet Gear, completely customizable. WM flight pants do have full length zippers.

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
alright. It's a start.

The list so far....

twall13

WKR
alright. It's a start.

The list so far....
That's a good list. You should add a column for where they are made, USA, China, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR

I have on older RAB photon, needed it couple years ago. Single digits, sitting for last hour plus on a park over my base and timberlines and was cozy enough. At 12 oz not the lightest but work well.

I have another pair from ll bean. They aren’t zip off so not sure if they go on the list. I have used them, primaloft I think meant to go under your pant. So not an active option. Thing I love is the bottom is a big thin cuff that goes in your boot without bulk.

lwtickner

FNG
I've got a set of the kings. Catch them on sale for a great price. They're warm, pack down nice. The material seems light but durable so far. I pretty much use them fur coyote hunting in sage so always a chance to snag