List of scammers

PRC_GUY

WKR
I was scammed once from hunttalk forum and I learn my lesson and hope all forum members be aware of those scumbag.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
two bans this week, but not before they ripped off over $2k from members. DON'T USE PAYPAL F&F--pay the 3% and have some protection. both members didn't and both members paid a lot more than 3%!

@Jskaanland & @Ryan Avery have gone to great measures to protect you guys, but at the end of the day, it's up to you!

Be smart...because justice is slow

"thieves go to hell" 1 Chorinthians 6:10 (paraphrase)

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have a list of known scammers ? New to the forum, so any advice is appreciated
If you're worried about a user don't do it. If you really want the item but still worried, call and talk to them. If they wont talk to you pass. You can always report a user that seems fishy(report the comment or pm that looks fishy and we can look at it)

Does anyone have a list of known scammers ? New to the forum, so any advice is appreciated
I pay close attention to threads where people get scammed or ripped off. The profile of a scammer is typically someone who is new to the forum, runs up the requisite post count as quickly as possible, then shows more interest in the classifieds than any other forum. More clever scammers may run the post count up, chill for a while, then come back.

They, as was mentioned before, will want crypto, venmo or PPFF. DO NOT use those. Insist on a phone call. If you are new, expect anyone who would do business with you, to have you jump through some verification hoops.

I just came across a situation where I did not feel comfortable going through with a transaction. A guy texted me from phone number (763) 290-1115 about my ad (im looking for a Kel Tec p17). He sent me a picture of an FFL licensee form with the name Ryan Forrest Heath on it, and the address 107 21st St. NW Austin MN, 55912. He said he would only accept payment through Zelle. I told him that to my knowledge, zelle wasnt allowing payment transfers for the purchase of firearms... so he said he would take a credit card. I asked him if he had some sort of a website or web portal to pay it through, and he indicated he did not, and just needed a picture of my ID, my Credit Card, and my billing address. So, I said I would feel more comfortable just sending a money order to his address, and I asked him if the address on the FFL form he sent me was where he wanted it to go. He said no, and said to send it to "Franklin A Norman JR, 12724 SW 263RD TER HOMESTEAD FL, 33032-6913. Said that was a friend's address who would get the money to his son.

In a quick google search, I found a comment on another site where someone mentioned they had a similar encounter with someone claiming to be Ryan Heath, and that they had been able to get a hold of the real Ryan Heath, and apparently he is a victim of identity theft. The phone number they referenced was different that the one I was contacted from.

Im not 100% sure this one came from a Rokslide member, as he had my phone number which i hadnt posted on here, but I had on some local classified ads. Ive shared my number with a few folks on here, so trying to narrow it down. But I had a PM from a rokslide user today that sounds fishy. I wont call them out quite yet... but I think I will report to admin to let them take a look. They have only been a member for a few weeks... and have no real substantive content at the moment, and the way they phrased their questions and just wanted my email sounded odd. Probably a dumb question though... where do I go on the forum here to report something like this to admin?

Braaap

WKR
Are you guys just using the report button in the bottom left of a post to report a scammer?