LiteOutdoors Shelters (and stoves)

Voyageur

WKR
Hello.
Doing research to find something smaller than my Kifaru 8 man for those times when weight is a consideration. I'm wondering if any on here can give me insights into the shelters offered by LiteOutdoors; either the Isola or the Plateau. Specifically I'm looking for info on craftsmanship, durability, stability in wind, etc.
While we're at it I would also put to good use any info on their stoves.
Thanks.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought both the plateau and the stove. This is my intro into tipi and stove world so I don't have a baseline to compare it to anything else, but upon first inspection, everything looks great. What I know for sure is that Brennen was great to deal with.

OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
I just bought both the plateau and the stove. This is my intro into tipi and stove world so I don't have a baseline to compare it to anything else, but upon first inspection, everything looks great. What I know for sure is that Brennen was great to deal with.
Thanks for the response. Have you used your Plateau yet?

Wrench

WKR
I have the 18" stove and a Kifaru medium. The stove is lighter and takes good sized wood. I can drive you out of my vertex 6.75.

Cylinder stoves are a bit of a pita compared to box stoves, and are not easy to cook on....which i don't do in my tent anyway.

Its hard to bear the bang for the buck on their stoves and if i opened my wallet any farther, it would go straight to the large uturn.

NUGGET

WKR
I picked up one of their stoves used this year. We used it probably 6ish nights on our hunt. It was “ok”. Like my ti goat stove better. It did go together easier than my tigoat though.

The plateau has been awesome for me so far, I'm coming up on a year using it now and once I get through the fall season I plan on doing an updated report on it. Took a short video of my setup a couple weeks ago, I'm headed out of reception shortly but when I get back I'll try to remember to upload it and post it here. Haven't dealt with any heavy snow or anything yet but I've had some decent high country winds and no issues at all so far, plenty of guy out points to batten down the hatches...those little guy out tensioners are awesome too! Some good info in this thread, any questions feel free to ask!

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/liteoutdoors-tipi.126095/

1601045083336.png

OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
The plateau has been awesome for me so far, I'm coming up on a year using it now and once I get through the fall season I plan on doing an updated report on it. Took a short video of my setup a couple weeks ago, I'm headed out of reception shortly but when I get back I'll try to remember to upload it and post it here. Haven't dealt with any heavy snow or anything yet but I've had some decent high country winds and no issues at all so far, plenty of guy out points to batten down the hatches...those little guy out tensioners are awesome too! Some good info in this thread, any questions feel free to ask!

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/liteoutdoors-tipi.126095/

View attachment 218683
Good info in the thread you shared. I see I actually posted in it last spring. Not sure why it didn't show up when I searched yesterday. Looking forward to your video and updated report. Have fun in the backcountry.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the response. Have you used your Plateau yet?
No, I have only set it up in the backyard. I am planning on setting it up in the backyard and burning the stove in and maybe sleeping in it with my 4 year old in a few weeks. If I glean any info from that process, I will post it here.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the plateau a number of times now. The height is nice for standing up. All the guyouts are strong and give a lot of adjustability. It's really easy to setup - like 5 minutes without the stove. The material has been durable and has even had a big dog run on top of it with no holes.
I'm still figuring out the stove. I've got the baffle in and the pipe coming up out of the front. It smokes into the tent until it's going enough to close the door. Not a big deal, just open the tent door for 15 seconds to clear the smoke. Once it's burning it does well, but I haven't been able to completely latch the stove door. Whenever I try it chugs and burns out. Closing the door but leaving it unlatched let's enough extra air in and doesn't let smoke in. The damper is interesting... It's a loose fit and I can't get it to stay anywhere other then full open or full closed.
I'm sure I'll figure out little things to make the stove easier, but overall it's been pretty good. The size of the tent packed up is reasonable. I could not see having more then two people with stove and gear inside.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk