Little Pet Peeves

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That's pretty ODC. Maybe tell them to supply their own ammo next time.
My pet peeve is "lending" (clearly stated as lending) something to a friend and having to ask for it back months after they're finished with it or receive it back broken.
For real...Unless that "friend" is an incredibly hot chick, they better be bringing ammo if they want to shoot my guns, this isn't 2005 when ammo was cheap and easy to find...

One more thing, not a pet peeve, just makes me chuckle every time I see it here on Rokslide.

Almost every big game forum has a “meat pole” thread. Hehe.....meat pole...

.....or the word “mandate”....

And every time I see or hear the word “therapist”, all I can think about is “the rapist.”
Reminds me of that old jeopardy snl skit haha. An album cover: anal bum cover, the pen is mighter: the penis mighter!

JeffP_Or

WKR
When I hear people say “libary” instead of “library”.
This list could be excessively long....

I had a boss that referred to 'vestibules' as "vegetables" - not horrible except he was a partner in the architectural firm I worked at. Always had to cringe when he presented designs to clients and talked about how they entered through the 'vegetable' at the front of the building.

Jeez, the cabinet door and drawers not getting shut.....why even have them!? Agree with that one.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
It wasn't until I got married I found out how little I know how to do. I don't know how to walk through a grocery store, I eat incorrectly, I don't wash myself right when I shower, and I sleep wrong. I'm amazed I survived long enough to meet my wife.

packer58

WKR
My biggest pet peeve: People that don’t understand the purpose of the on-ramp to the freeway!!

Driving 35mph all the way down the on-ramp and then trying to merge with traffic going 70mph never works! All it causes it a backup on the on-ramp because now you have to almost stop because no one the freeway will let you in.

The on-ramp is long enough and designed in a way that any car can get up to speed to smoothly merge with freeway traffic without a hiccup!

When I was living in the Phoenix metro, it was especially bad when the winter snowbirds arrived with their Buicks and they just HAD to use the freeway at 630am when most of us working stiffs were on our way to work! Driving 35mph doesn’t cut it!
I'm with you 100%, there called acceleration and deceleration lanes for a reason.......

Reactions: AZ8

SonnyDay

WKR
People who can't drive one speed on the $%&*#@! highway.

I pass them because I drive fast.

They then pass me because I'm in a truck and/or towing something and their reptile brain says "oh, this guy must be going slow!"

Then they slow down to the speed they are actually comfortable driving.

Then I pass them again (rage slowly building...)

They then pass me because I'm in a truck and/or towing something and their reptile brain says "oh, this guy must be going slow!"

Then I pass them again (rage quickly building, wife anticipating imminent profanity-laced tirade...)

They then pass me AGAIN and slow down AGAIN!

Then I run them off the road (all while not deviating more than 1/2 mph from my constant speed).

Then I take a deep breath and feel much better.

ODB

WKR
How about whenever you eat the last of something you hear “but I was saving that.”

“You were, were you? Did you tell anyone?”

“No. But I didn’t get a lot in the first place.”

“How was I to know that?”

“I don’t know.”

Lather, rinse, repeat

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My friend is bar non the worst driver in the USA, drives 45 in HOV lane, always misses off ramp, forever messing with something in center counsel, reaching in the back seat, or checking his GPS on his phone for the best route which makes him miss his turn, has a water thermos that has the capacity of a large cargo plane and is always drinking from it obscuring his vision. As a result always end up driving.

CorbLand

WKR
My wife will buy food and then hide it from me because she knows I will eat it. (I have no self control) She wont eat it fast enough, so it goes bad and we end up throwing it away. You buy food to eat it, not stare at it. Also, you didnt make it "last longer" if you end up throwing half of it away.

People who don't think cigarette butts aren't litter. Especially when they throw them out the window without any regard to it hitting someone else's car. Or when I'm ice fishing and come across a pile of butts laying on the ice. I especially expect more from the hunting and fishing crowd.

And as mentioned above, people who walk two miles around costco to buy 10 pounds of cheese balls but can't walk their cart 30 feet to where it belongs in the parking lot.

When people say "due to...." Unless you owe someone money, it's "because of".

I could add about 20 more but we'll start there.

TheGDog

WKR
Mother Truckers whom when you're merging into the Fwy, were the guy in the lane you need to now urgently move over into since yours is running out.... they're that distance slightly behind enough to your vehicles position that's it's rude of them to honk on it to deny you entry! Rather than easin' up on their throttle for just the littlest moment.. NO... they have to be an a$$hole and try to accelerate!

Or they are in close proximity to your car but want to change lanes to get in front of ya, and they don't execute the lane change cleanly by honking on it with authority in order to be making they're lane-change clean and clearly far enough ahead of your vehicle so as to be safely executed.

Mother Truckers that don't actually rotate their head and LOOK over their Gawd Damned shoulder before attempting a lane change!!! It's the Law Damn It! Or you're in the car with somebody like this... you mention it to them.. and they say.. "I got good mirrors! I can see Everything!" No you freaking CAN'T you @$$Hole!! I've been on the near-death receiving end of that equation on Moto far to many times to know that's not true!

Car-Pool Lane Surfers! - It's Morning-Drive GridLock Traffic and these Dumb-@$$ Fast-and-The-Furious-Wannabes are all stressed out because they failed to leave their homes earlier, so when they're in the "Fast-Lane" and it comes to a stop... the look over slightly and see what they perceive is a wide-open HOV lane... not noticing my @ss on a Moto running up on 'em in the HOV lane, and they dive on in all of a sudden sending your heart into your throat as you have to make a split-second decision as to whether you need to start aiming your bike for the rear-end and opposite side of their car nearer to the lane they just came from... OR... is it about to happen too close in proximity that you have to swerve outwards getting within inches of the concrete center divider!!!

TheGDog

WKR
When I was married to this Arab (Lebanese Palestinian/ Egyptian) girl... OMG. I learned it's "a thing" (dunno for all of this culture or just their family) when running late and you call them on the cellphone.. for them to say "I'm gonna be there in 2 minutes" (knowin' full damn well they're not gonna be there in no 2 dang minutes!)