Little Pet Peeves

You gotta love it when someone is damn near drifting around a circular onramp passing everyone on the onramp super dangerously, only to enter totally stopped traffic lol. I just block them from passing usually cause its almost always some POS sedan that would be totaled if they hit my steel rear bumper or hitch. Or when they make some ridiculous fast n furious maneuver in bad traffic only to be stuck right beside you again minutes later haha. Some people..

TheGDog

WKR
When I was a kid.. hearing this one extra-ghetto black kid say the word "Funt"... you know.. the imaginary past-tense form of that imaginary word "Fint"... which is a contraction of the phrase "I'm fixin' too". Such as "I fint to go to da store." Meaning "I'm about to go to the store." Had to SMH at that one.

When I was a kid.. hearing this one extra-ghetto black kid say the word "Funt"... you know.. the imaginary past-tense form of that imaginary word "Fint"... which is a contraction of the phrase "I'm fixin' too". Such as "I fint to go to da store." Meaning "I'm about to go to the store." Had to SMH at that one.
Yep or "finna" or whatever "im finna go to the sto" ive heard it too. My wife has horrible dyslexia and misspeaks constantly and i poke fun of her for it, sounds like some of you guys would be driven nuts by her! Lol

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
My pet peeves are ......
1. Litter. I can't stand when people just can't pick up after themselves, ESPECIALLY cigarette butts!
2. Timelessness. If your not on time I assume you don't care about my time therefore I will not plan anything involving you. Its just plain rude.
3. Over posting for sale items. I get it you want to sell your stuff but when your item dosent sell after a while either give up or drop the price until it sells. There is no need to update your posting with 45 TTT's. Please give it up and stop cluttering the classifieds.
End of rant.
Hope everyone has a great day! Thanks

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
I can hardly contain myself when my grandkids or others, mostly young people, can't make a sentence with out using the work "like". I, like, went to school. He, like, went to school. etc.

Zappaman

WKR
Off the top of my head:

When my (wonderful) wife takes a 12" knife out of the board to cut an apple-- and leaves it there for me to clean. Then takes another 10" knife out for (whatever) and lays it next to the first one she didn't clean (one hour later).

When my neighbor's little "yappy" dog decides to come out EXACTLY when I want to hot tub and listen to music... yak, yak, yak! But WHEN my neighbor is actually RIGHT there and doesn't tell his damn dog to shut the hell up-- AFTER 30 minutes... I think the guy is brain dead. I've (more than once) yelled over and he IMMEDIATELY says "sorry!" (every time). Last time I got up, put a towel on, walked over and asked him if he HEARD his dog barking at me the last 30 minutes while he was right there in his back yard... dumb-ass smile and (another) "sorry". Can't fix stupid.

TheGDog

WKR
I can hardly contain myself when my grandkids or others, mostly young people, can't make a sentence with out using the work "like". I, like, went to school. He, like, went to school. etc.
I know!!! They use it like commas in sentences!

TheGDog

WKR
Off the top of my head:

When my (wonderful) wife takes a 12" knife out of the board to cut an apple-- and leaves it there for me to clean. Then takes another 10" knife out for (whatever) and lays it next to the first one she didn't clean (one hour later).

When my neighbor's little "yappy" dog decides to come out EXACTLY when I want to hot tub and listen to music... yak, yak, yak! But WHEN my neighbor is actually RIGHT there and doesn't tell his damn dog to shut the hell up-- AFTER 30 minutes... I think the guy is brain dead. I've (more than once) yelled over and he IMMEDIATELY says "sorry!" (every time). Last time I got up, put a towel on, walked over and asked him if he HEARD his dog barking at me the last 30 minutes while he was right there in his back yard... dumb-ass smile and (another) "sorry". Can't fix stupid.
OMG!!!... So Much YASS!!

I work from home. Have been for about 20yrs now. So I'm trapped here. First note that issue.

When we first moved into this house.... oh my GAWD!!!! Not long after... the neighbors had gotten a new POS Westie that was incessant with it's BARKING!!! I mean... my GAWD you'd figure that damn thing would have Laryngitis or even freakin' Throat cancer by now considering just how damn long it would yap for!

And since both of 'em work, and they had a MIL come over and watch their children during the day... of course that in-law wasn't going out into the backyard mid-day to shut that incessant little sh!t up!

But here's the rub of it... The dude is a real nice and likeable guy. Not only that, we went out riding together with him and his friend out in Victorville, I ended up having a get-off and broke my collarbone. So ya know... they did the whole thing of going to fetch their truck, drive back to where I went down, load up my bike, and drive me back to my truck, then load my bike in my truck for me. Then I drove myself back down to OC.

So.. ya know... the dude did me a solid so I had to just grin and bear it until the lil EFF'r finally grew out of it. Was like Chinese freakin' water torture mid-day when the damn thing would start up!

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
"Hi... my name is Gary... and I have OCD."
<Group> "Hi Gary..."

-=-=-=-

To elaborate on the gentleman who mentioned when people ask a question like "How's it going?"

What's the answer we're all supposed to give? Without me even saying it... we ALL know the expected answer... the answer that every mofo usually pipes up with? "Fine." Even if like your Mom passed away y'day... what's that person gonna say? "Fine. <Then opens up about the funeral or whatever>

And like, all manner of bad isht could have just recently happened to you, but the expected response that most others instinctively somehow believes is supposed to be said back is.. "Fine." Matter of Fact... lotta times if you DON'T at least respond back FIRST with "Fine." People secretly will say with each other that you're a belly-acher , a whiner, a Negative Nancy, or whatever.

For some time now, I simply say "Um, I'm doing Fair." cause I mean, truly most of us are never really just "Fine" there's always SOME little piece of drama or responsibility at least going on to some degree disrupting your peace on some level.

-=-=-=-

The Moving Road Block -aka- The Wall of Prius'es

You're on the Fwy... where in SoCal the de facto speed limit is realistically like 80-85mph. Then you get these low-money mofos in cars like a Prius... and I dunno.. maybe because of the raping in Gas Prices out here.. they perhaps get uber frugal with their attempts at stretching out their MPG? And I'm like... that's ok and everything... but move it the freak over!!!! They SERIOUSLY need to patrol for enforcing the move it over if you wanna go slower BS. And soooo often... you'll encounter thee MOST frustrating configuration of this problem... I call it the Wall of Prius'es. Ya end up getting like them and one or two other turd-box sub-compacts with barely enough oomph to get out of their own way all lined up close to each other.... somehow magically not keying in to the fact that there's now this ever-increasing space in front of them... and errbody and their Mama now crowding in behind them!? It's like how discontented from reality freakin' are you!??

-=-=-=-

Ladies who can NOT... for the life of them... post up a picture that isn't filtered to death to where they don't even look human anymore.

-=-=-=-

Ladies who leave up as their profile pic, a pic from like 10-15 yrs ago. And the them of today is WAY in the hell different, if you catch my drift.

-=-=-=-

Ladies who draw WAY in the freak outside of their lipline with their makeup! I mean, don't get me wrong, judiciously doing it a teensy bit for a dressed-up special occasion to enhance a look a lil bit... sure. But like... when it makes others question whether or not you have Vision problems? You really need to reconsider your choices here.

-=-=-=-

People on Social Media who weirdly take it as a personal attack on them when you're simply over here in the convo/debate debunking and shooting holes in all the flaws in the logic they presented in their assertions during a discussion. That's soo weird to me! As an engineer, we're constantly doing that with each other. You observe the point being made, think about it, and offer up your argument as to why that assertion is wrong or flawed. The interest being to arrive at the truth. It's not about like trying to make the other person look bad, (though I can certainly do enjoy doing that too when they're trying to be a sheeple virtue-signalling cvnt).

-=-=-=-

When the Wife buys anything other than Charmin Ultra TP. I've had to hold my tongue on that as of late with the supply chain BS though.

-=-=-=-

How the large friends group I got added into after pairing up with the wifey... you'll hear all these middle-aged single ladies bitching about how they can't find a man (or at least one worth a isht)... and yet... they seem to mostly only attend these functions with "the usual suspects", which basically doesn't change all that much. Just don't like hearing people whine about isht they have the power to do something about I guess.

-=-=-=-

New one lately? When I hear someone say "Impordant" instead of "Important".

-=-=-=-

Biggest Pet Peeve of all time? When in a "discussion" with the Mrs when she's pissy and she starts in with the cutting off my sentences, and attempting to just talk over me. I know it drives her crazy, but I'll just simply wait until there's any little bit of pause then go RIGHT BACK to the beginning of that sentence and just start it over again. I will not be silenced, it's a war of attrition... I WILL NOT allow myself to be silenced by others when it's important and involves claims made about me and my honor/character. I can ALWAYS logically show and prove how and why I'm not the blame, the vast majority of the time. And I'm not dodging the blame either... for if you can offer up a valid observation and support it and bring up a viewpoint nad perspective I hadn't considered, I'll humbly concede if the logic is solid.

-=-=-=-

When somebody IM's you, or TXT's you... and you make it a point to note that is seems to be an urgent matter for them... so you reply quickly... but possibly need clarification so you pose a simple question that would only require a one word answer.... and then......... nothing.... for a significant while.

It's like... is this important to you? Or isn't it? I had to pull myself out of the isht I'm deeply focused on for work... just to answer your trivial, yet important for logistic decisions question.... and then you don't reply back in timely manner? WTH!

-=-=-=-

Ugh... people in a business setting that try soo damn hard to choke their sentences with fvcking business jargon words!!! (such as Gavin Newsom, for example) HATE this!!! "On a go-forward basis" Oh. so you mean "from now on" then, right? Well then just fvcking say "From now on" ya douche!

-=-=-=-

When people don't put tools back where they got them from!!!

Attachments

• 1121DB4F-82CE-4AEC-A672-55CB3FF2AC04.jpeg
    1121DB4F-82CE-4AEC-A672-55CB3FF2AC04.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
You gotta love it when someone is damn near drifting around a circular onramp passing everyone on the onramp super dangerously, only to enter totally stopped traffic lol. I just block them from passing usually cause its almost always some POS sedan that would be totaled if they hit my steel rear bumper or hitch. Or when they make some ridiculous fast n furious maneuver in bad traffic only to be stuck right beside you again minutes later haha. Some people..

I always see these dented up, ragged cars driving like lunatics. I wonder; does he/she drive that way because they have a POS or is it a POS because they drive that way. I see a guy about once a month on my drive home from work in a maroon geo prism. He drives about 50mph whether he's in a lane, passing in the other lane, passing in a ditch, turning sharply, running a red light, etc. I believe he sets the cruise, lights his meth pipe, and just goes with it.

OP
M
There are a few of them that get under my skin
1. Not putting the shopping cart back
2. Cutting in line - both standing and driving
3. Not using turn outs
4. Being late
4. Ears tucked inside your hat

Drenalin

WKR
Anyone being late for anything, ever. But especially my wife and in-laws.

Drawers, cabinets, and closet doors left open. Again, mostly by my wife.

TheGDog

WKR
There are a few of them that get under my skin
1. Not putting the shopping cart back
2. Cutting in line - both standing and driving
3. Not using turn outs
4. Being late
4. Ears tucked inside your hat
#4 is really interesting. I'm blessed with nice ears that don't stick out all Dumbo, but some hats want to make'em do that, so for those hats I tuck them in. I notice on others the opposite... when their hats are making theirs ears go all goofy and dumbo.