Little Pet Peeves

Took a couple friends hunting this weekend and knocked over a few pigs. I supplied the guns and ammo and at the end of day was putting everything away and noticed I did not get all my brass back. Now I have ammo boxes with missing brass. I love seeing a clean ammo box completely full. I know 1st world problems but its a pet peeve. Pick up my brass

OP
M
They know. One of them was my son. He said he got excited and forgot. I wish I was a little more OCD about other things but its something about ammo boxes that get me

Btaylor

WKR
OK, I'll play. My little peeve is when someone posts a classified ad and someone else responds with "interested". To me that's worthless. Either you want the item and should pm or you don't. "Interested" means nothing and adds nothing to the thread imo! OK, done ranting.
Interested is code for let me ask the wife first.

Sherman

WKR
My pet peeve is when people use the word “literally”. My wife used it a lot.

Examples:

“There’s so much laundry my head is going to literally explode.”

-No it’s not. You’re effing head is not going to “literally” explode. Wrong use.

“The trucker cut me off and I had to literally slam on my brakes.”

-correct use of literally, but not needed. If you had just said, “I had to slam on my brakes,” I wouldn’t question if you were speaking literally or figuratively.

Last edited:
Using any version of a question as a salutation when passing someone without actually wanting an answer.

As in a hallway at work "Hey, how's it going?"
...keeps walking.

Just say "hello," or any other single word greeting.

I have an OCD pet peeve here on Rokslide. I can't stand it when someone posts something in the incorrect forum. Whatever it is that you have a question about, there's a pretty good chance that there is a forum specific to that subject, look around, find the appropriate forum and post it there. Thank God I'm not a moderator, I'd spend way too much time "cleaning up" the forums.

Sherman

WKR
One more thing, not a pet peeve, just makes me chuckle every time I see it here on Rokslide.

Almost every big game forum has a “meat pole” thread. Hehe.....meat pole...

.....or the word “mandate”....

And every time I see or hear the word “therapist”, all I can think about is “the rapist.”

JeffP_Or

WKR
My all time pet peeve is people driving slow or just driving in the passing lane.

And it’s getting worse.

Down in Florida there will be 10 cars bumper to bumper in the left lane and the right lane clear.
If true, stay the heck away from Washington state! Doing that is in their driver manual - probably first thing on Page #1.

Using any version of a question as a salutation when passing someone without actually wanting an answer.

As in a hallway at work "Hey, how's it going?"
...keeps walking.

Just say "hello," or any other single word greeting.
We'd probably get along - my greeting is "Morning". I don't even want to presume if someone is having a good one or not! Get grief about it all the time - as I walk off.

Small pet peeve: How hard is it to just put that item back where you got it from when you are done? Doesn't matter the item - just put it back!

Scoot

WKR
My pet peeve is when people use the word “literally”. My wife used it a lot.

Examples:

“There’s so much laundry my head is going to literally explode.”

-No it’s not. You’re effing head is not going to “literally” explode. Wrong use.

“The trucker cut me off and I had to literally slam on my brakes.”

-correct use of literally, but not needed. If you had just said, “I had to slam on my brakes,” I wouldn’t question if you were speaking literally or figuratively.
Literally can correctly be used in a bunch of cases. A good one is when you are trying to clarify that your not speaking figuratively. For example, "I was so nervous I vomited. ... and I mean that quite literally!"

But... to your point... that bugs the crap outta me (but I actually mean that figuratively).

Scoot

WKR
These pet peeves are great and really shine light on the fact that most of us have life so cushy that we can perseverate in some incredibly unimportant shit! Some of this is so ridiculous it literally makes me bust a gut! (You're welcome Sherman!)

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I hate it when my wife makes dinner plans for us without checking with me first. Shit pisses me the hell off, nothing worse than getting home from work, thinking I'm going to get a solid workout in then chill then finding out we are supposed to go eat at some fuckers house at 5pm or something.