Little Pet Peeves

TheGDog

WKR
Seems to be largely a Facebook thang, but people who use the words 'sale' & 'sell' interchangeably. "Good luck with your sell" "Hope you can sale it"
I wish all these people slow, excruciating deaths.
I bet they're the same people that can't put their shopping carts back in the stalls.
Lotta this kinda stuff can often be when the person is ESL (English As A Second Language). Had to help my first wife, way back in the day, with her papers in school, so you get intimately familiar with the kinds of errors they do, and when you speak that other language, you quickly pickup on why they'd mess up and write it the way they did. Since like the syntax rules in their native tongue, or the pronunciation of vowels in their language is what guides their brain when it comes to guessing how to spell X or Y.

...weirdly take it as a personal attack on them when you're simply over here in the convo/debate debunking and shooting holes in all the flaws in the logic they presented in their assertions during a discussion. That's soo weird to me! As an engineer, we're constantly doing that with each other. You observe the point being made, think about it, and offer up your...
Biggest Pet Peeve of all time? When in a "discussion" with the Mrs... I can ALWAYS logically show and prove how and why I'm not the blame, the vast majority of the time. And I'm not dodging the blame either... for if you can offer up a valid observation and support it and bring up a viewpoint nad perspective I hadn't considered, I'll humbly concede if the logic is solid.

I think you'll get a kick out of this one:

TheGDog

WKR
Hrmm.... Biggest Pet Peeve? Mofos talkin' 'bout "White Privilege".

Naw man... inside?... when somebody says that isht? Makes me just like wanna "punch kittens", that's how strong of chord it strikes within me.

I grew up in an area where *I* was the freakin' Minority, Jack! (AS an example, I didn't know this at the time... but my next oldest brother? In the Jr High he went to? He was THEE... ONLY..White.. Male... in his ENTIRE Grade level in that school!)

And when Alex Hailey's ROOTS the TV Mini-Series with LeVar Burton playing Kunta Kinte came on TV?

OMMFG!!!! The "Natives" got whipped the bleep up into one HELL of a rage-frenzy!!! You don't even KNOW!! Ugh.

So miss me with all this Victimization BS... Bump That... Naw man.. I know what it's like when the Boot of Racism is on the other foot.... and Lemme tell you.... it's 1000x WORSE!!!

I tell people this... we'll have a little White Kid try to walk thru a very Black neighorhood of the lowest caliber.. and we'll have a little black kid walk thru a very White Neighborhood of the lowest caliber. Wanna take any bets which one will get EFF'd with more? I already know which one. Cause I lived it.

jbspec

FNG
Listing a scopes mag range as lowest power X highest power, eg 3x12. When they invariably leave off the objective diameter I feel like asking if they really have a fixed 3x with a 12mm objective.

Using “stock” when they mean stalk. I think it’s the same group of people

How about walking down the street in Seattle watching a guy dig though the trash can for food. You walk up to him, hand him the banana and apple you didn’t eat for lunch and he looks at you and says, “I don’t want that shit.”

Then how about that almost exact same thing happening the next day…

A man has his limits…
Ha! I’m in the Chicago area. Had been splitting a house in a great area with some guys. Got home early from work one day and saw this guy who had a habit of living on the streets.

Found out later from the cops that he wasn’t homeless. He had a home courtesy of his family and a trust fund. He just has some major problems with his wiring and lives on the streets.

But I parked, grabbed my uneaten sandwich from lunch that didn’t happen and offered it to him. I was headed to fire up the grill and grab a beer.

He showed his appreciation by repeatedly pissing through the screen door to our kitchen. Caught him in the act after a few weeks.

That was more than a pet peeve for me.

TheGDog

WKR
HA! That pissing story reminds me of this one time... my boy... when he was younger... like..I'm gonna say perhaps 8-9yo? I'm in my office room, which is just across from the front bathroom. And it's late at night. During this era, if he woke up he would sometimes be really out of it and not truly awake.

So I hear his bedroom door open up... I hear him come down the hall.. I see him lookin' all zombied-out and sleep-walking... eyes not even really open... he passes the bathroom door though and turns down the front door entry way... so knowing how he can be real out of it sometimes... I became curious what he was going to do.

He stops in front of the front door... in his sleep-walking... it looks like in his quasi-dream state he's physically reaching out with his arms/hands... and going thru motions of doing something.... so knowing how he can be real out of it sometimes... I get up to go over to be closer to better observe just what is it he's doing.

As I approach, he starts to pulldown the front of his underwear, pulls out his junk and began to pee pointed at the front door! (I'm pretty sure in his sleep walking state he figured he was in the bathroom, the motioning with his arms I think was him dreaming he was lifting up the toilet seat?) So I had to bark out his name to to startle him awake to snap him out of it. Then quickly herd him back over to the bathroom!

Was such a trip seeing this all go down.

Kilboars

WKR
Friends going on about the latest “soap opera” mini series their watching.
Have zero interest in any fictional (entertainment).

So much cool real life stuff to learn about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
My boss calling to talk about work before or after the work day or during break or while we are fishing or scouting. People who drive slow in the fast lane or pull out in front of you then go slow. Anytime I hear Toby Keith.

Michael54

WKR
Other people’s choice in music for a workplace setting or a road trip. The agony of a shit radio station or play list is too much sometimes.
Man I felt this in my soul. My wife only listens to stuff that makes me wanna snooze and then expects me to make a 10 plus hour drive while doing it..... i finally got her a pair of earbuds. If she doesn't bring em its her fault.

Jauwater

WKR
I may have said this somewhere on this forum before but it's Blinkers. Peoples lack of, or, overuse of Blinkers I think tell you alot about a person. Blinkers do very little for the person using them, but it does alot for the people around you.

If there is ever an apocalypse, and I start a civilization somewhere, my only question at the gate will be "How do you feel about blinkers?". How they answer will be the deciding factor if they make it through the gate or not. Thats how strongly I feel about the blinker.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I may have said this somewhere on this forum before but it's Blinkers. Peoples lack of, or, overuse of Blinkers I think tell you alot about a person. Blinkers do very little for the person using them, but it does alot for the people around you.

If there is ever an apocalypse, and I start a civilization somewhere, my only question at the gate will be "How do you feel about blinkers?". How they answer will be the deciding factor if they make it through the gate or not. Thats how strongly I feel about the blinker.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk
Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to use this...ItsCalledABlinker.jpg

Azone

WKR
Man I felt this in my soul. My wife only listens to stuff that makes me wanna snooze and then expects me to make a 10 plus hour drive while doing it..... i finally got her a pair of earbuds. If she doesn't bring em its her fault.
I use to have co workers that loved blasting a very obnoxious Mexican radio station. It was absolutely maddening.

I work in medicine. I literally hate talking shop on my days off. IMO it reduces my hourly wage.
My wife also works in medicine and she loves to talk shop on her days off.
I hate it with all my being. I really need a work break and try to avoid any topic related to work on my off days.
Especially since this pandemic started.

Done ranting!

Sorry I had to throw in literally just for fun! :D

Last edited:

Painless

FNG
I have a ton of these, doors being left open, every light in the damn house left on, doors not being locked, those drive me crazy. One other one is when you see a grip and grin post and said poster states he let (bow, gun) "eat". Not sure why that bugs me but I really want to slap the shit out of them...........