Livability of a Seek Outside Redcliff

Hey Turkeygetpwnd38,

thanks for the photo. Is this a redcliff? It really does show how close things are with the cots. Thanks. -Rufus
Looks like a tipi, with those higher tie-out points. Maybe an 8-man?

This is our 6-man SO, with two cots, Just a backyard space check.

GkJzeia.jpg

I know the Redcliff is the shelter on your radar, but since you mentioned standing room, I'll share this too. I believe the 6-man peak height is roughly 12" taller than the Redcliff peak height.

This is what the standing room looks like in the 6-man. I'm 6'3".

Lp1m14b.jpg

OP
R

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
Hey MontanaMarine. Thanks for the info, insight, and photos. I really like the looks of your 6 man. Kind of re-evaluating if I want to trim down my priorities some or if going to a larger shelter is the way to go. Kind of leaning towards a larger shelter. Regardless, I’m guessing it won’t be the last one I get. 🤓. Probably need a couple different sizes to cover different situations.

Hey MontanaMarine. Thanks for the info, insight, and photos. I really like the looks of your 6 man. Kind of re-evaluating if I want to trim down my priorities some or if going to a larger shelter is the way to go. Kind of leaning towards a larger shelter. Regardless, I’m guessing it won’t be the last one I get. 🤓. Probably need a couple different sizes to cover different situations.

Hello, my name is Shane, and I have a tent problem...….grin.

I've had/have a few SO shelters over the years (along with other types).

My SO inventory looks like this,

Have:
DST Tarp
Silvertip
Cimarron
6-man tipi
12-man tipi

Had:
BT-2
4-man tipi

If I had all the experience/knowledge before I started down this path, I would simplify everything by getting a Cimarron, and an 8-man tipi. Those two set one up for just about any situation short of a mob....grin.