Live from the mountain

Wrench

WKR
Got a couple of bars this am so I thought I'd give my update on how September is going.

I've been completely savage on grouse with 15 killed with my bow and only one arrow donated to mother nature. I have a good bull that I had at 45yds and had to just watch...ouch.

Had 5 blown stalks and a few close but no cigar calling sessions. Screenshot_20220913-123946_USB Media Explorer.jpgScreenshot_20220918-091152_Gallery.jpg

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Ps, had a pisser of a whitetail buck at 10 yards. Lucky guy as my tag isn't for this unit. I've hunted the same area for the last 5 years and never seen a whitetail above 5k he was about 165" in the velvet. I tried to get a pic....but you can imagine how quick he turned inside out.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
FML. He was just in my lap and the mountain decided to blow on the back of my neck.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Good luck Wrench. The wind gods will give in. =) What bow are you shooting? looks pretty nice.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Good luck Wrench. The wind gods will give in. =) What bow are you shooting? looks pretty nice.
That's a 19" white feather lark with #55 uukha irbis limbs and a creek walker quiver holding 340 centershots with 190 timbersharks and 50gr inserts plus a 2219 foot.

This setup shoots REALLY WELL. I have officially killed more grouse with my bow this month than I did with my guns the last 2 years.

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
We're getting pounded by wind and expecting 3/4" of rain tomorrow. I headed back to town to catch my kids ball games then it looks like Friday on should be nice. I could sure use the rain. It's been like stalking in corn flakes this month.

mattflint

FNG
Awesome stuff.
Wish we had a later early season here in Wa. It was another dry hot ball buster for me. Im puting in for Idaho next year.
Looks like you are cleaning up on the grouse and getting into elk. Thank you for sharing.