Live hunt spring turkey missouri

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Figured I'll give the live hint thing a try so you all can follow along as the birds out smart me.

Emr2 loaded to put the hurt on some long beards

Season started yesterday but it was raining so I didn't bother. Today my BIL hit the woods first thing. We're on public land and only one other truck today. Hopped out of the truck and hit a hoot and was immediately returned by a gobble 300 yards away over a ridge. We moved into position and setup a decoy and started calling. At one point with had 3 gobbling at us and would take turns moving closer but none came into view. It's 0730 now and they've gone silent, so they must be henned up. Trying to decide on closing the distance or wait.
deec6d20cb4c25fc843766090fb1b5c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Following along. Pretty slow morning for me too hopefully it's going to get better here shortly

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moved over the ridge towards the gobbling and jumped one in the process. Sat calling back and forth for 15 min with the camera running with one at 75 yards.

Turkey hunting is fun!

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep at it!
If I can get a bird to respond after 10AM, there is a huge probability that he is coming home with me.
Got to head into work or I would. Stupid work.

The Turkey bested us today, but there is always tomorrow. It was a good day in the woods with some exciting encounters, got me pumped for the rest of season. All in all we worked 4 birds and one came in to 50-60 yards but he got hung up and never showed his head so we could get a shot.

I'll try to remember to keep this updated on the days I'm out.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like an exciting day. I'm going to hold till 1 but it's slow over here for sure

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
After them again this morning and we're on our first gobbler. Not sure if he wants to play yet...

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lackluster morning with only a few gobbles turned into a pretty exciting encounter. We called one into 80 yards, a big one with a 7-8" beard, well my BIL misjudged the yardage and his shotguns effective range and got impatient and took the shot. Well it was a miss but man I'm fired up now. 10 min longer and it would have walked within 20 yards of me. Oh well, next time Mr Turkey next time.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've got rained out the last 3 days but I'll be back at it in the morning, I'm just hoping we're not over run by other hunters.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good luck today

Thanks. Had 5 gobblers talking at 1 point but they've gone quiet now. There's a hen nesting 100 yards in front of us right now. Just saw a couple does walk by a couple hundred yards away.

2b2ce29572d40a910c461f066e5fb8a3.jpg

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what the hell we're doing wrong but birds keep getting hung at 70-100 yards. Had 1 this afternoon that I thought was a gamer, but he got hung at 100 and gobbled his way off the other direction. Maybe I'm calling too much. No shortage of birds though.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16