Live in Wyoming? Whats your Job?

Jason277

WKR
Hello , All I was wondering how many guys/ girls live in Wyoming? Also what you do for work? I'm trying to figure out a way to possibly move in that direction, maybe Sheridan. I'm a commercial electrician and my wife is an RN. I know I would have to reinvent myself for employment. Just curious. Our son is finishing up high school and we have had enough of western Wa Thanks, Jason

I’m also looking to make my way out there. I am a jet pilot but not sure how many aviation opportunities are out there right now. I did apply to a king air gig in Casper a few days ago so we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
You shouldn't have any problem finding work in any skilled trade in Wyoming.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Any work for a pipefitter/welder? Keep going back to moving to Wyoming

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OXN939

WKR
I’m also looking to make my way out there. I am a jet pilot but not sure how many aviation opportunities are out there right now. I did apply to a king air gig in Casper a few days ago so we’ll see.

I'd be surprised if the rising tide of the industry didn't create some opportunities out that way. Are there any regionals that fly out of KCPR or KCOD?

I'd be surprised if the rising tide of the industry didn't create some opportunities out that way. Are there any regionals that fly out of KCPR or KCOD?

Not that I know of. The company I applied to was an oil and gas company that owned several king airs to fly the executives around.

JP3

FNG

Not sure where you're at in your career, but commuting is always an option for commercial pilots. Yes, it can suck wasting a day getting to/from work. But you can live just about anywhere that's within a few hours of any any airport with commercial service. (I've flown with guys who commuted from Europe to JFK and a flight attendant who commuted from Columbia.) Or, buy your own small plane and fly it.

JP3

FNG
Not that I know of. The company I applied to was an oil and gas company that owned several king airs to fly the executives around.

You were typing just as I was.

Check out passrider.com. It what I used when I was commuting. Looks like there are 5 flights today from CPR to DEN, and they're spread perfectly to make a commute with back ups. There are 4 from COD to DEN, today as well.

You were typing just as I was.

Check out passrider.com. It what I used when I was commuting. Looks like there are 5 flights today from CPR to DEN, and they're spread perfectly to make a commute with back ups. There are 4 from COD to DEN, today as well.

I have heard of passrider.com. I’ll definitely give it a look. I have about 2500 hours now but no ATP I’m willing to try a regional or low cost carrier if I can get on with one. Charter schedule I’m on in great for hunting as I work 16 days straight and get 12 days off but that leaves me very little time at home.

JP3

FNG
With 2500 TT, the ATP is just a matter of paying the money for the school. Charter schedules can be great, as long as you get the 12 off you want. I'm flying for a mainline now and the overall flexibility is pretty good, even being junior. I can generally get the dates off I want (for family or hunting) and work fewer days certain prime months. If you want specifics or have specific questions, shoot me a PM.