Live in Wyoming? Whats your Job?

Zbot

WKR
RN here....not too sure where you’re coming from but the RN pay in Wyoming leaves a lot to be desired. We were seriously considering moving there until I looked up salaries. It’s hard to take a 20-30% pay cut for near the same COL.

HOT ROD

WKR
We moved to Wyoming six years ago and regret it... Wind howls here all the time up to 60+ for days... Winters a brutal here and last forever interstate hyw closed for days on end. The state is full of wolves and grizz not many deer elk or antelope left... We are in the worst drought in history... Rumor has it Colorado is amazing ;):(:D😁

204guy

WKR
I'm not sure whether to be offended or feel good that someone would think there's no commercial work in WY.

I'm not sure whether to be offended or feel good that someone would think there's no commercial work in WY.
Lol so true. I'm an industrial electrician and things are popping.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
My son and daughter-in-law work in Cody. He says everyone in business there is needing help. I suspect a lineman would get a job without delay. Places always need RN’s. Wages may be a little less but so is the cost of living.

Laramie

WKR
Many of you guys would be fine in Wyoming. However, you better make sure your spouse is prepared and willing. Wages will be lower vs cost of living. The weather genuinely sucks in most parts of the state. Drive distances between everything is significantly increased compared to almost anywhere else in the lower 48.

I know of several couple that made the move. It sounded great but in reality wasn't worth the couple weeks of resident elk hunting for them. All have since moved.

IdahoElk

WKR
RN here....not too sure where you’re coming from but the RN pay in Wyoming leaves a lot to be desired. We were seriously considering moving there until I looked up salaries. It’s hard to take a 20-30% pay cut for near the same COL.

People want paradise with all the perks but unfortunately it rarely works that way, you often have to choose either lifestyle or money.
My comment isn't really directed at you Zbot, I just run into a lot of people that try to make a go where I live that are upset because wages don't match the city they're running from, wages to me was always last on the list of reasons to stay in an area you obviously don't enjoy.

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR

Curious to know where you are coming from and what field you are in? We are in South Dakota currently and when we looked into it didn't think it was far off.

amassi

WKR
Lots of tradesmen in this thread asking about jobs- wouldn't your brotherhood have some sort of job board by area? Or are the unions more local

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Lots of tradesmen in this thread asking about jobs- wouldn't your brotherhood have some sort of job board by area? Or are the unions more local

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
IBEW 3222 is the local out there I spoke with the Dispatch. Most of there guys are working in Montana

Fatcamp

WKR
Emergency, Las Vegas.

Interesting. I'm betting the wages between SD and NV are the difference. We don't make a whole lot of money here, but COL is pretty low.

Our plan, possibly, is to establish residency in Wyoming and travel nurse. Still have a bit until the kids are done with us.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a school teacher in western WY, but also have a tile installation business on the side. I could easily be doing tile full time (and making more money). In this area if you are skilled in a trade, there is plenty of opportunity at the moment. I'm not sure what you'd have to do to switch over to residential electrician, but it's hard to get one because they are so slammed right now.