Live Montana Mountain Lion Hunt

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OP, Read the rules for this forum. If you can’t update daily while in the field, it’s not really a live hunt and should be in the species specific or general forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jaker_cc

Jaker_cc

WKR
Sorry everyone. I’m back. We ran a female lion on the Friday, she took us 4 miles until she treed. She stayed treed for a while then bailed out over the dogs. They ran her to a bunch of boulders and a rocky cliff, where she circled on top of the boulders a few times. The dogs kept trailing the circle while she slipped off somehow. I’m not sure how she did it but at least we got to put the dogs on a track and hear them open up.

Sorry for the late response. I’ll be back after them next season

Backcountryrealtor17

Lil-Rokslider
With deer season winding down in most of the state of Texas it’s almost time for me to head North for a hunt I’ve been looking forward to since I booked it last season. I’ve always loved hunting with dogs, whether it be flushing quail behind prim and proper pointers or baying hogs with a pack of gritty cur dogs, something about the dog aspect of the hunt has drawn me in. I’ve got a great hound handler lined up for 8 days of chasing cats in the fresh snow around Southwest Montana. We are going to be a little picky this hunt because I’ve decided that if I kill a cat, it will be the only one I ever take. I feel like a lion is something that should be once in a lifetime. I’m not saying I’ll never run another cat, but hopefully after this trip I’ll be behind the camera instead of behind the bow.

I fly out Friday morning at 6am to Bozeman, and I’ll be returning the following Saturday. I’ll share everything in between and take y’all along as best I can. It’s going to be cold, way colder than anything I’ve ever run around the mountains in so it should be interesting. I’ll be hunting with my good friend Forrest and another buddy Scott (houndsman).

Here is the forecast and a couple of cats taken in the area last year. Wish me luck

a8a663ffb8ad8feee6b92f72eee27fca.jpg

a3bfb291e85440082cf9ee56a858ee57.jpg

3617f1af62c7422f75a1cb144c629fd3.jpg

With deer season winding down in most of the state of Texas it’s almost time for me to head North for a hunt I’ve been looking forward to since I booked it last season. I’ve always loved hunting with dogs, whether it be flushing quail behind prim and proper pointers or baying hogs with a pack of gritty cur dogs, something about the dog aspect of the hunt has drawn me in. I’ve got a great hound handler lined up for 8 days of chasing cats in the fresh snow around Southwest Montana. We are going to be a little picky this hunt because I’ve decided that if I kill a cat, it will be the only one I ever take. I feel like a lion is something that should be once in a lifetime. I’m not saying I’ll never run another cat, but hopefully after this trip I’ll be behind the camera instead of behind the bow.

I fly out Friday morning at 6am to Bozeman, and I’ll be returning the following Saturday. I’ll share everything in between and take y’all along as best I can. It’s going to be cold, way colder than anything I’ve ever run around the mountains in so it should be interesting. I’ll be hunting with my good friend Forrest and another buddy Scott (houndsman).

Here is the forecast and a couple of cats taken in the area last year. Wish me luck

a8a663ffb8ad8feee6b92f72eee27fca.jpg

a3bfb291e85440082cf9ee56a858ee57.jpg

3617f1af62c7422f75a1cb144c629fd3.jpg

Wow those are big cats ! Congrats