Live NY public land whitetail hunt Nov. 1st

Sitting in my stand planning an all day sit over a scrape line. I've got service, which is not normal. I thought this might help pass the time and keep me from falling asleep... Never done this before, so hopefully it goes well.

I checked a camera over a scrape on my lunch break yesterday and to my surprise, it got hammered yesterday late morning and around noon. I had planned on taking the second half of the day off, but shuffled my work schedule around and took the whole day.

Walked to the spot in the dark and got my climber in a tree by about 6:45. No action so far except some roosted turkeys that I walked under on my way in.

I'll get some photos up shortly. I need to download an app to resize them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

OP
mallard833
The setup along the scrape line with a fresh scrape under the green bush, and a trail cam photo at that same scrape yesterday.
84bc259e506b8cd603e82ff4c1bf1bb9.jpg
14dd25440f880a604492f9b10f6ed30f.jpg

OP
mallard833
Wind is in my face out of the north and seems to be picking up a bit, which is good. It was almost dead calm earlier. It's supposed to rain on and off today. It's raining lightly now, more of a mist than rain. I just setup a tree umbrella, pretty sure this is going to be a long day. Normally the tree umbrella sees more use as a makeshift ground blind. I'm glad to have it over my head today.

OP
mallard833
Rain gear just went on...the umbrella was a good move. Hopefully this rain shower passes soon.

goodorbit

Lil-Rokslider
Cool, thanks for doing this for those of us stuck at work.
Things are starting to heat up in our area, can't wait for Saturday!
Good luck, stay warm & dry...

OP
mallard833
Well, the rain stopped, fog cleared out and the temp dropped. Wind is still good, Just waiting for the deer to cooperate. Thinking I should have packed in one more insulating layer..

OP
mallard833
Northern edge of the Catskills

Trial153

WKR
That's my neck of the woods....

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
mallard833
Well, made it past the halfway point. No deer yet, still hopeful that the nasty weather forecast for tonight will have them moving this afternoon. Time to break out the good breast pastrami sandwich for lunch.

goodorbit

Lil-Rokslider
Eastern edge here..

With all the rain that is forecast for tomorrow night they should be moving about.

Trial153

WKR
Hoping for a decent weekend. Hunting the next 4 days then heading out to the midwest.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
mallard833
I'm hoping they start moving soon. I've only seen some birds so far.

Trial153

WKR
good luck buddy. your a better man then me. there isn't buck in Eastern NY that I plant my ass in a stand for all day. hope you get him

Last edited:
OP
mallard833
I keep telling myself that it only takes one. I've been bowhunting for almost 20 years and this is the first time I've ever sat all day.