Living in Idaho Recommendations

Titan_Bow

WKR
Like someone said in an earlier post, show me an area with good hunting, breathtaking mountains, etc. etc. AKA a very desirable place to live, that this is NOT happening to? Yeah there are aspects that suck, but it really only sucks when you sit around on your A#$ stewing about it. Go ice fishing, go hunting, go for a hike or a mountain bike ride. I assure you its not as bad as you think!
We moved from SC to CO 15 years ago. The amount of change we've seen here in 15 years has been extraordinary. It definitely has its downsides, but I woke up yesterday morning to the sunrising over snow covered mountains, and thought "this is still a cool place to live" At some point, we are looking to move again, maybe Montana, Idaho, or even SE Alaska. But for now, I'm glad to be alive, glad I can enjoy life and do the things I enjoy!

the part about one good winter and the californians will leave. been hearing that for 40 years. wishful thinking.

what has been happening in north idaho is not new, things have been this way for decades, and will be for decades. the locals that adapt do very, very well. the locals, that don't adapt don't do well at all. Amazing how that follows the hunting also.

I'm interested in firsthand opinions from those that live or spend a significant amount of time in Idaho, where should I focus looking for my new home? Elk hunting is my thing, and my doggies are itching to go after some upland birdies.

My job is going to force me to move into the state, but there is no stipulation as to where. I'm not a city guy either. Any recommendations for regions to look into for us hunting minded folks?
Central Idaho

Mosby

WKR
I would look at areas within a reasonable distance of a city large enough to have a decent hospital and healthcare. A guy down the road from me died last year. Took the ambulance over an hour to get to his house. The local hospitals around me are extremely small and are really staffed as clinics. Getting life flighted is becoming so common in the area, I bought life flight insurance.

Living out in the country has benefits but it comes with a cost if someone gets sick or hurt.

I would look at areas within a reasonable distance of a city large enough to have a decent hospital and healthcare. A guy down the road from me died last year. Took the ambulance over an hour to get to his house. The local hospitals around me are extremely small and are really staffed as clinics. Getting life flighted is becoming so common in the area, I bought life flight insurance.

Living out in the country has benefits but it comes with a cost if someone gets sick or hurt.
MCCall has a good hospital but you are right I have heard of people getting life flighted from smaller areas. But we can not always cheat death. When it is our time to go it is our time. God Bless & Good Speed!!!

BFowler

FNG
I have lived in North Idaho all my life and it has gotten insane for housing recently (especially in the last year). So many out of staters are moving in that house prices have shot up too far for young families born and raised here to even have a chance at purchasing their first home. There are simply no affordable options for those who have been living and working here because everything gets snapped up by out of staters or investors with cash and the prices have risen far above what wages can sustain. I literally just started a gofundme because I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to get my family that is just starting out into a house. North Idaho is my home and I do not intend to give it up. It happened so fast too! Even a couple years ago, we would have no problem getting into something reasonable.......