LL Bean Hunter Carry All

rhendrix

WKR
Fellow Roksliders,

I bought this pack on a tip from a guy on Archery Talk, for 65 dollars it will handle 80-100 pounds quite well (well is a relative term, i may be to bone headed to know any better). I plan on using it as my primary pack on an elk/mule deer hunt in 2013 in CO during archery season.

I put the cart before the horse and bought the Hunters Carry All thinking I could purchase two dry stuff sacks and pack all of my gear in both of them. The reality though is that I've got an internal frame pack without a bag and a load sling to hold everything to the frame.

What can I do to this pack to make it easier to carry everything and easier to organize my gear? Currently I'm flirting with the idea of buying some webbing and sewing it to the load sling like a MOLLE system. That way I can weave straps through it to attach my bow, jacket, poles, glass or whatever else. Other than that I'm really outta ideas.

Ron

dotman

WKR
I would say your just going to have to play around with it and see what works best. I don't know anyone that has used one and seems to be a more popular pack for east coast hunting.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
The bag they use on that thread is only rated for 2500 ci, I have a feeling in order to really get what I want I'm gonna have to invest in a good bag and use this as a meat hauler. Oh well...win some lose some.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
Sea to Summit pack liners come in 50, 70, and 90 liters. 3000, 4300, 5500 cu respectively. Nothing more than a silnylon stuff sack........

I'm not sure what exactly your looking for.

At right about 4.5 pounds that could be easily brought to 4 if you cut off some of the extra straps and such, and got rid of some of the plastic buckles/clips, that pack could be pretty nice. I have one, but loaned it to a partner with option to buy. He hasnt offered it back.

AndyW

FNG
I'm looking at buying this pack as a dedicated climbing tree stand hauler. The reviews are good and for $75 with free shipping it's a bargain.

Last edited: