LL Bean Maine Guide Wool Camo?

I have the parka and love it. Super warm and quiet. I have had it for over 10 years and it is still in great shape. I also have the pants and those are just as warm. They are heavy but the warmth they provide is worth it if you arent walking in too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is definitely not as flexible as a thinner jacket but I wear it bow hunting the late season and have still managed to kill deer wearing it. Just make sure you get the right size. It is on the heavy side so if i am going way back in i strap it to my pack. 90% of the time I wear it to my stand and I forget about the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the shirt jacket with the storage pouch in the back. Great jacket and fairly light weight for wool. Great weight for a tracking/still hunting hunt.

This intrigues me. I had a cables wool parka I sold a while back and wish I hadn’t. There are lighter options but for most hunting I do, wool garments work well. There is also something cool about kicking it old school And wearing something that wasn’t cooked up in a nasa lab. Seems like Bean lost its quality for a while but has come back. It isn’t the LL Bean of old, I have a few more recent pieces and really like them - commando sweater is used on the regular and some upland clothes.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
I use Filson wool stuff. Its warm and heavy duty.
Ive tried the cabelas windshear wool and sweat my ass off. Zero breathability. Same goes for the Scheels wool jacket and pants/bibs.
I use a 280gr merino top, a 400gr merino crewneck, a 550 obermeyer down snow shirt, and a Filson Double mackinaw. The down snow shirt blocks the wind for me.
I hunted coyotes in 10° with 15mph wind last week, and didnt get cold. My hands did, but my body was warm. I also use a silk neckerchief for my neck.

For pants I like 280gr bottoms, and filson whipcord or mackinaw pants. The whipcords block the wind well, and the mackinaws are stout.

I thought about the ll bean stuff, but some of it has pimaloft, which degrades over time and will be ineffective.

Just my .02

I Have a pair of the LL Bean Maine guide pants in the railroad pattern. They’re pretty to wear in the winter but don’t block much wind for outdoor pants.

I have Several Cabelas Wooltimate windshear hunting kit pieces. They are warm as hell but you can hardly move in them without sweating.

I have an Olive green Fred Asbell wool pullover. It’s a perfect balance between breathability and warmth. One of my favorite winter outdoor pieces for hiking, biking, camping, or working outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk