Llama testicle biting.

squirrel

WKR
I'm a bit torn here on stating facts or seizing the marketing opportunity of protective llama wear.

Cut their teeth then they bring nubs to a knife fight.

It is interesting how people think though. Gelding them so they cant castrate each other was an interesting theory...

Gelding one? Not sure if the problem is fully understood. They ain't effin' each other, they're bitin' each other.

come2elmo

WKR
Gelding one? Not sure if the problem is fully understood. They ain't effin' each other, they're bitin' each other.

Well the way I see it....the one with the balls has no target to go after...and the one without balls doesn't give a damn about balls anymore. Unless "velcro balls" can be shared among friends...

mt100gr.

WKR
I'm a bit torn here on stating facts or seizing the marketing opportunity of protective llama wear.

Cut their teeth then they bring nubs to a knife fight.

It is interesting how people think though. Gelding them so they cant castrate each other was an interesting theory...
so the Craigslist special, though he does have some potential, is destined to just be one of the gals like our other gelding. The papered male gets to spend some time with the girls.

Don't want to risk a "natural" castration on the llama that still needs to pay himself off.

Post up some pictures when you get that protective llama wear line off the ground.

29RM55_AS01.jpeg

That was my protective llama wear.

At one point I tried worming them with a tablet down the throat. Had him in a trailer at the time. That thing bounced off several walls before it stopped. Glad I wasn't hit with it.

squirrel

WKR
First things first, married long time here so gotta protect what gets used the most...

I can't believe the guilty member here does n't chime in with his sexual assault story, maybe he is still being checked for STD's?
IMG_1430.JPG

Paul M

Lil-Rokslider
Im still trying to get past the pain of the assault
i told you that in private didnt think you would tell the world

squirrel

WKR
Im still trying to get past the pain of the assault
i told you that in private didnt think you would tell the world
There is no shame, you were a victim, embrace your status, and always carry protection... possibly a hammer?

But I have been wondering, did he kiss you afterwards?

mt100gr.

WKR
There is no shame, you were a victim, embrace your status, and always carry protection... possibly a hammer?

But I have been wondering, did he kiss you afterwards?
I guess it's not your story to tell, but I am kind of curious now.... Or maybe I should leave well enough alone so I can maintain the "relationship " I have with my llamas and not have polluted visions of what is possible. ...

Then I'll probably be asking about this cutting of teeth you mentioned.

The most dominant and aggressive llama I have seen was gelded. He still went after other males' testicles and did his thing with the females when given the opportunity. I honestly can't imagine what kind of monster he would have been to the other llamas had he been intact. Ironically, he was also the best pack animal and easiest to handle.

squirrel

WKR
I guess it's not your story to tell, but I am kind of curious now.... Or maybe I should leave well enough alone so I can maintain the "relationship " I have with my llamas and not have polluted visions of what is possible. ...

Then I'll probably be asking about this cutting of teeth you mentioned.
Yep it's Paul's lie, he can tell it any way he wants to!

But cutting the fighting teeth is serious and necessary and very low on most peoples priority list. IT AINT FUN FOR ANYBODY, but especially for the llama. When you shop low ball llamas it is about a 100% certainty that they have not been cut.

When you see the split ears, pierced ears etc that is what results from non cut teeth . I usually cut at 2-1/2 to 3 years of age, cant cut em until they show up after all. When a fight results in blood someone got their teeth in.

While cutting the teeth keep your mouth closed...

mt100gr.

WKR
Yep it's Paul's lie, he can tell it any way he wants to!

But cutting the fighting teeth is serious and necessary and very low on most peoples priority list. IT AINT FUN FOR ANYBODY, but especially for the llama. When you shop low ball llamas it is about a 100% certainty that they have not been cut.

When you see the split ears, pierced ears etc that is what results from non cut teeth . I usually cut at 2-1/2 to 3 years of age, cant cut em until they show up after all. When a fight results in blood someone got their teeth in.

While cutting the teeth keep your mouth closed...

I appreciate that info. I'm lucky enough to have a working relationship with a gentleman who has been in the packing /show/ and marketing llama business for 40-some years. I'll get his guidance as well since this particular topic is brand new to me.

Should I ask about cutting teeth with an open mouth? 🤔

squirrel

WKR
this one is MY LIE, so i can tell it

It is similar reasoning as to why plumbers do not chew tobacco.

You are pulling with the OB wire towards your self when the tooth pops off... boink right down the gullet...

But cutting the fighting teeth is serious and necessary and very low on most peoples priority list. IT AINT FUN FOR ANYBODY
That's why if possible I let the Vet do it. Each time I have had a llama castrated I also have the Vet take care of the fighting teeth. It's the perfect time when they are already sedated. I have a hard enough time cutting their toe nails. . .

I should add that I was told that the teeth might keep growing, requiring a second filing but I haven't observed any new growth after 2 years for one llama and 1 year for another. It seems they either grow super slow or are done growing after the llama reaches a certain age.

Last edited:

squirrel

WKR
That's why if possible I let the Vet do it. Each time I have had a llama castrated I also have the Vet take care of the fighting teeth. It's the perfect time when they are already sedated. I have a hard enough time cutting their toe nails. . .

I should add that I was told that the teeth might keep growing, requiring a second filing but I haven't observed any new growth after 2 years for one llama and 1 year for another. It seems they either grow super slow or are done growing after the llama reaches a certain age.

They do keep growing but into more like a elk ivory, no point, no edge, assuming they were fully erupted when you whacked 'em dull.. Never saw any need to re-cut, ONCE IS ENOUGH!

The Squirrel's School of Modern Dentistry aint got no sedation...

Thanks Paul now I need to clean coffee off my keyboard.

Just had to open this thread... but I've got a scarier story. I married a woman that was so mean she cut my nuts after three kids in three years. Now I'm balding beer gut guy that works too much and gets a hunting fix vicariously through the internet. Maybe I should've bought Llamas instead?