Llamas for sale

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
It is really hard, its an odd tight knit community and they aren't super easy to come by (other than free ones that likely aren't worth having). There's some llama groups on facebook, but the ones I'm on don't allow any sales, although they can point you in the right direction. Let us know where you're at and maybe we can help.

Explorer

FNG
I don't know about pack llamas from a breeder, but we have been able to find 5 pretty decent animals in the last 2 years through a lot of searching. They are mutts and top out 300 to 330lbs, but they work. After we got one or two we started holding out for llamas that were heavy muscled and better confirmation. I probably looked at 30 or so till I would see a good one. If I didn't call right away it would be gone. That happened several times.
I also talked to adoption agencies. If you find a good person and are willing to wait, you might find some decent ones that way.
Keep looking they are out there. You also have to be willing to drive a distance to get them.

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with explorer completely. I got 4 within the last year, same thing they aren't bred for packing but they were young and trainable, I plan to add more to the herd and use some Ccara llamas bred for packing as they come available (I have 2 boys with my name on them for next year). The packing I'll do I don't need top notch packers.

The last 2 I got were from a llama/alpaca rescue, they're pretty good boys but I think will be on the small end. I know the lady has 2 more males right now looking for homes, thats why I keep asking where you are.

bisblue

WKR
I just got some and contacted over 35 breeders people online, I made a spreadsheet. If you are still looking I can put you in touch with some I didn't buy, because I'd already found three.
Also none of these are 500 dollar llamas. Although my cheapest one is the best so far....

wyodan

WKR
I could not find any relatively inexpensive llamas, so I bit the bullet and bought some from a pretty good breeder. They were very pricey, but so far have lived up to the hype. Of course, after I purchased them, I found many that were a little less expensive.

WKR
I don't know about pack llamas from a breeder, but we have been able to find 5 pretty decent animals in the last 2 years through a lot of searching. They are mutts and top out 300 to 330lbs, but they work. After we got one or two we started holding out for llamas that were heavy muscled and better confirmation. I probably looked at 30 or so till I would see a good one. If I didn't call right away it would be gone. That happened several times.
I also talked to adoption agencies. If you find a good person and are willing to wait, you might find some decent ones that way.
Keep looking they are out there. You also have to be willing to drive a distance to get them.
All 4 of mine came from a rescue. They are weird people generally, so there were challenges. Biggest one was to get them to stop offering me 15 year old females. It took about 6 months and then they got a batch from somewhere that had some young males.
I wish I could afford a string of $2000 llamas that can carry a ton but not in the cards.
Start sourcing feed at the same time. Its a challenge in some areas and you want grass hay first cut. Here it's cold cold in winter and I supplement with pellets (and helps keep the relationship up) and that's been harder to get during covid for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Ever find what you were looking for? These suckers are tough to come by. Esp if you want the trained already. If you do, open the wallet and close your eyes. But they are soooo worth it.