Llano and Chama sizing

topher89

WKR
I have a Llano Qz for about a year. I always wear a medium so that is what I bought. Fits well for the most part but the sleeves are a little baggy around the biceps. No big deal and a quality shirt.

Anyways, I decided to get a Chama Hoody to add another layer. I went to a local shop and tried some on. The medium Chama was huuugee! I tried on a small and bought it. Much better fit and layered well on top of llano and still fit well as a single layer.

Now I am wondering, should I have bought the Llano in a small? How does First Lite sizing work for you?

The sizing difference between the llano and chama has been larger than we would like. For 2017 we have brought them closer together.The chama has gotten a little smaller and the llano has gotten a little larger but the llano is still designed to be a little closer of a fit for layering purposes. thanks

WoodBow

WKR
I sure would love it if first lite started making tails on their shirts. They seem to be borderline too short if you are around 6 foot or taller and relatively thin.

Felix40

WKR
+1 on the longer/less fat torso for the base layers.

I am glad to hear we may be seeing less change in size from layer to layer. Im typically a medium in everything but I need a large t shirt, medium chama, and small puffy. If i went straight mediums on everything my shirts would be skin tight and my puffy would swallow me. Im 5'9" 165.

Last edited:

Chuck44

FNG
I wear a Large in all FL tops that I have (Chama, Puffy, Stormtight, etc.) except the llanos, which I went up a size in to XL. My first llano was a Large but I finally decided the fit was too tight and I sold it and sized up to XL. I am 6' 1", 195 lbs.

if it helps Both Ryan and I are about 6 feet 165 lbs and wear a med in everything but the llano series which we wear a large. KC

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Another bump for the longer/ less fat torso. I am 6'5/ 240 and the sleeves are just barely long enough on my XL chama hoody and Halstead. Both are a little baggy and slightly short in the body. The hood on the chama is a little short for me as well. I also have a Woodbury in 2XL and it is a little baggy as well, even layered up underneath. I'm waiting on my aerowool t shirt in XL and we'll see how that fits. Overall the FL stuff fits me way better than most, even without tall sizes.

Gorp2007

WKR
if it helps Both Ryan and I are about 6 feet 165 lbs and wear a med in everything but the llano series which we wear a large. KC
Is this true of the 2017 stuff, too? I wear a large in the 2016 Llano and have a 2017 version on the way.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

For us, yes. I still wear the large just as i do in the aerowool which the new llanos will fit like. That being said i now can wear a med if i want a tighter fit where as before a med was just too tight for my liking.

Hall256

WKR
Yet another supporter for a "tall" shirt option, much like they did for their pants. At 6'3 and 180 pounds, I don't need XL but I feel like I have to for sleeve length.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ChrisS

WKR
I'm 6' 225 and had a large chama QZ last year that I trimmed out about 6" from the waist and sewed it back up. Fits a lot better. I prefer a skintight fit for my base layers. I do wish it was longer.

Everything else that I have from FL fits great, though. Just Chama that gave me problems.